- Location details
- Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
Assistant Professor of Spanish Applied Linguistics with an emphasis in Languages for Specific Purposes (LSP). This is a nine-month, tenure-track appointment to begin August 16, 2020.
Required Job Qualifications
- Ph.D. in Spanish applied linguistics or equivalent in hand at time of appointment
- Demonstrated experience and research interest in Languages for Specific Purposes (LSP)
- Research or program design record founded on Needs Analysis and Task-based Language Teaching, or evidence of scholarly potential in this area
- Experience designing and implementing innovative LSP curricula
- Interest in and demonstrated potential for coordinating and offering leadership to, a team of instructors and scholars engaged in developing an innovative LSP program in the department.
- Teaching experience or evidence of strong teaching potential
- Ability to teach a range of graduate-level linguistics and applied linguistics courses (linguistic analysis and language teaching methodology).
- Fluent or near-fluency in Spanish and English (Advanced High or higher in the ACTFL scale)
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience in teaching and developing online courses. Familiarity with current best practices in online language course development and teaching
- Experience in teaching with technology
- Demonstrated interest in serving heritage language students and ability to integrate heritage language teaching methodologies into an LSP curriculum.
- Experience in collaboration across academic units and demonstrated interest in interdisciplinary program development
- Proficiency assessment training and/or experience
- Working proficiency in a third language is considered a plus.
More search results
The City College of New York
Visiting Lecturer in Russian
Associate or Assistant Professor- Tenure System
Michigan State University
President's Excellence Chair in Network Cultures
Department of English Language and Literatures, University of British Columbia
Assistant Professor in Second Language Acquisitio…
Connecticut College (Hispanic Studies Department)