- Indiana University Northwest
- Location details
- Gary, Indiana (NW Indiana South Shore Region)
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Technical and business writing
- Employment category
The Assistant Professor position in the Department of English in the College of Arts and Sciences at Indiana University Northwest is a full-time, tenure-track, 10-month position with summer assignments and associated stipend in accordance with programmatic need. The Assistant Professor of English will be an experienced teacher of first-year writing and professional/business writing who is committed to the success of a diverse body of students and will have an active record of scholarship. This position requires participation in a wide range of activities tied to our departmental writing program and the university’s Writing Center.
Core responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate students in face-to-face and online modalities in the Department of English as well as service activities. The Assistant Professor will teach three courses each semester and will engage in active research and publication, provide service to the department, campus, discipline, and the community.
To apply, please upload: 1) Curriculum vitae; 2) Letter of application; 3) Sample syllabus; 4) Writing sample (15-20 pp.); 5) Statement of research and teaching philosophy; 6) List of references with contact information to include mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone numbers, at http://indiana.peopleadmin.com/postings/8828.
Questions regarding the position or application process can be directed to Professor Bill Allegrezza, Chair of the Search and Screen Committee, Indiana University Northwest, 3400 Broadway, Gary, IN 46408, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For best consideration, applications should be submitted by Jan. 6, 2020.
• An earned PhD in Composition and Rhetoric by August 1, 2020;
• Demonstrated ability to conduct research and/or creative activity;
• Demonstrated experience teaching first-year composition courses at the university level
• At least one published or forthcoming article or book chapter;
• Experience with online college-level teaching;
• Experience with university writing centers;
• Experience teaching professional/business writing at the university level;
• Experience teaching a diverse student body and first-generation college students;
• Membership and engagement in academic and professional associations related to the discipline
More search results
The City College of New York
Visiting Lecturer in Russian
Associate or Assistant Professor- Tenure System
Michigan State University
President's Excellence Chair in Network Cultures
Department of English Language and Literatures, University of British Columbia
Assistant Professor in Second Language Acquisitio…
Connecticut College (Hispanic Studies Department)