- Location details
- Salary varies with experience
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Technical and business writing
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The Department of English at Texas State University invites applicants for a full-time (nine-month) tenure-track faculty position at the rank of assistant professor, associate professor, or professor to begin in Fall 2020.
The successful candidate will direct the M.A. in Technical Communication Program at Texas State University and teach graduate and undergraduate courses in technical communication and other areas of writing. Duties include participation in established and growing graduate and undergraduate programs in technical communication, with classes taught online and face-to-face. The candidate will be expected to sustain a significant, ongoing research agenda leading to peer-reviewed publication. Teaching load is negotiable and commensurate with duties that may include special research projects, administrative duties, supervision of theses, and grant writing.
• Ph.D. in technical communication or closely related field, with degree completed at time of appointment
• A strong, ongoing record of productivity in scholarly publication and research in technical communication
• Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate courses in technical communication
• Expertise sufficient to teach graduate courses in core areas of technical communication and area(s) of specialization
• Expertise sufficient to direct master’s theses and/or doctoral dissertations in technical communication
• The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and department established standards
• Demonstrated administrative experience and success
• Research and teaching specialties in areas that diversify Texas State University’s current and proposed graduate program curricula
• Ability to teach online and hybrid courses
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/25841.
Position is open until filled; however, for full consideration, please submit all of the following materials by November 1, 2019: 1) a letter of application, 2) current curriculum vitae, and 3) contact information for three references (to follow curriculum vitae).
About Texas State University
An Emerging Research University, Texas State offers opportunities for discovery and innovation to faculty and students. Our students come from around the globe, and our student body is diverse. Fifty-two percent of Texas State students are ethnic minorities. More than 38,000 students choose from nearly 100 bachelor’s and 100 master’s degrees, as well as 14 doctoral programs.
Texas State's San Marcos campus is located in a growing community of 60,000 people in the Austin Metropolitan Area. Texas State is located in the Texas Hill Country, where blackland prairies roll into beautiful hills. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and oak trees on the campus add to the charm of the university’s picturesque setting.
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
More search results
Assistant Professor, German Studies (TE) (Faculty)
University of Arizona
Assistant Professor of English (Tenure-Track Posi…
Assistant Professor of English and Cultural Studi…
Seattle Pacific University
Assistant Professor of Spanish
Endowed Chair in English Literacy/Full or Associa…
University of Arkansas Department of English