Assistant Professor - Languages & Literature - English Education
- Austin Peay State University
- Location details
- Clarksville, TN
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with academ
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- English education
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The Department of Languages and Literature at Austin Peay State University invites applications for an Assistant Professor of English Education. This is a nine-month, tenure-track position to begin August 1, 2021.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with academic preparation and experience.
- Doctoral degree in English or a field related to English Education (for example, Literacy Studies, Curriculum and Instruction, or Language Arts) required.
- ABD will be considered if all requirements are met by date of hire.
- Preference given to candidates with teacher licensure and high school teaching experience.
- Documented evidence of high quality professional productivity that may lead to national recognition in the academic discipline, and/or consonant with the goals of the University and of the academic unit to which the faculty member belongs.
- Documented evidence of ability in academic assignment and/or scholarly and creative achievement, and/or professional contributions and activities.
- Evidence of good character, mature attitude, and professional integrity.
- A background search will be required of the successful applicant.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Each applicant must include a cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information for three references, one of which must be from your most recent or current employer, with your application materials. Many people add this to the end of the CV/Resume.
Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.
Please refer all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications taken ONLINE ONLY at http://www.apsu.edu/human-resources
IT IS A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR TO MISREPRESENT ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
Austin Peay State University (APSU) does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by APSU. See Non-discrimination Policy.