Tenure-track Assistant Professor in Rhetoric and Composition/Director First-Year Writing
- Boston College English Department
- Location details
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill Massachusetts 02467
- Position type
- Professor, Full
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The Boston College English Department seeks an Assistant Professor of English, specializing in Composition and Rhetoric with an expectation to direct First-Year Writing (FWS). This is a full-time, tenure-track position to begin July 2021 with a 2/2 teaching load (1/1 reduced load when directing FWS). Areas of specialization are open.
- PhD in rhetoric, writing or a related field.
- Experience and strong interest in Writing Program Design and Administration.
- Proven and ongoing publication record and research agenda in rhetoric and writing, broadly defined.
- Ability to teach composition theory and pedagogy to engage students at the graduate level.
- Innovative and effective teaching of writing and a diverse array of related courses at the undergraduate level.
- Ability to hire, mentor, and support our first-year writing faculty, which includes graduate students, part-time instructors, full-time non-tenure track faculty, and tenure-line faculty.
- Ability to manage staff, budgets, and network with faculty and administrators across the university.
Applications must be received via Interfolio no later than December 15, 2020, and should include a cover letter that discusses research, teaching, and administration; three letters of recommendation; and a writing sample (up to 25 pages).
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university that strives to integrate research excellence with a foundational commitment to formative liberal arts education. We encourage applications from candidates who are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic community. Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university, please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
More search results
Associate/Full Professor of English, Writing Acro…
Saint Louis University
Assistant Professor of English, Tenure Track, Aug…
Tenure Track Assistant Professor - Creative Writi…
University of California, Davis - Department of English
Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs: Predoctoral,…
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
Assistant Professor of English (composition and r…
Eastern Illinois University