- Bilkent University CCI
- Location details
- Ankara, Turkey
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Other international
Rank: Assistant Professor, Full-time Tenure Track
Bilkent University’s Faculty of Humanities and Letters announces multiple openings in the Program in Cultures, Civilizations & Ideas. The CCI Program is staffed by an interdisciplinary team of scholars from diverse fields in the humanities and is primarily responsible for teaching a mandatory two-semester sequence course in literature and philosophy to most undergraduates at the university. Additional teaching opportunities, such as honors seminars or humanities electives arise occasionally.
- Candidates should have a PhD in any field in the humanities completed before September 2021.
- All applicants should have a publication record commensurate with their career stage and evidence of future research potential in their field.
- We welcome those with excellent records of teaching at the college level and who enjoy engaging with students from diverse backgrounds.
- In addition to specialized expertise in their own fields, candidates should demonstrate proficiency in teaching works of philosophy and literature from different eras and traditions, as well as a broad educational background in the humanities.
- Scholars committed to interdisciplinary and comparative work, whether in their research or their teaching, are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Experience and interest in teaching text-based “Great Books” courses is also especially desirable.
- Initial screening interviews will be held remotely via ZOOM or Skype.
- Expected starting date is September 1st, 2021.
- Standard teaching load is 3-3 (one prep), with a teaching load reduction available in the first three years.
- An active research agenda is expected. Support includes substantial funding for research, conference travel and potential for sabbatical leave following the third year.
- Our service load tends to be modest, but each department member is expected to contribute.
Bilkent University, located in Ankara, is the oldest independent non-profit research university in Turkey. All classes are conducted in English. Salary is competitive and includes a fully furnished and rent-free apartment on campus. Well-qualified couples are encouraged to apply. Applications are to be made online at: https://stars.bilkent.edu.tr/staffapp/CCI2020 . Complete applications must include a Curriculum Vitae, a letter of application specific to this position and a statement of teaching to be submitted online. Additionally, three confidential letters of reference must be sent to email@example.com. For assistance, contact Dr. Mustafa Nakeeb, Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is 20 December, 2020 19:00 UTC+3.
More search results
Assistant Professor, French and Francophone Studi…
The College of Wooster
Associate or Advanced Assistant Professor of Rhet…
University of Arkansas Department of English
Assistant Professor of the Practice in Hispanic S…
Boston College Department of Romance Languages and Literatures
Department Head, Spanish and Portuguese
University of Arizona, Department of Spanish and Portuguese
Associate/Full Professor of English, Writing Acro…
Saint Louis University