American University of Kuwait
The American University of Kuwait (AUK) is a private university in Kuwait organized on the U.S. model of undergraduate liberal arts education. The medium of instruction is English. The University is accredited by the Council for Private Universities of the Kuwait Ministry of Higher Education. AUK also has a Memorandum of Understanding with Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH. AUK admitted its first students in September 2004 and currently has approximately 2,500 students and over 120 UG faculty members.
The Department of English invites applicants for a faculty position in Nineteenth-Century British literature, The position requires undergraduate teaching in Nineteenth-Century British literature, as well as literature survey and writing courses, mentoring and advising undergraduate students, developing scholarly projects in one’s area of specialty, and ongoing committee and service assignments.
- Ph.D. in English or related field at the time of appointment.
- Experience teaching and working closely with students.
- Active record of scholarship in Nineteenth-Century literature and/or related field.
- Strong background in Nineteenth-Century British literature.
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate courses in related fields.
- Research and/or teaching interests in Romantic poetry, Victorian prose, novel and drama, children’s literature, literature of the grotesque, and literary theory and criticism.
- Teaching/research with a diverse student body in multicultural setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusion, diversity and educational equity in teaching and/or scholarship.
- Record of contributing to collegial, supportive and collaborative work environments.
- Experience in departmental administration.
The University is seeking qualified faculty committed to excellence in teaching, research, and service. American education, teaching experience, and scholarly activities are preferred. Strong communication skills, cultural sensitivity, teamwork, and effective use of classroom media and technology are expected. Faculty rank will be determined by the candidate’s degree and previous employment history. Successful candidates will teach undergraduate classes to majors and non-majors of diverse cultural backgrounds, conduct research, participate in student advising, honor office hours, and serve on faculty committees.
AUK offers competitive compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience, as well as an attractive and comprehensive benefits package. There is no personal income tax, and US citizens may be eligible to take advantage of the IRS foreign tax exclusion. AUK is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to becoming a model university of the twenty-first century in the region.
Contracts are issued for 3 years and are renewable.
Application packages are to be submitted electronically to email@example.com (attachments must not exceed 10 MB per e-mail). The package should contain the following:
1) Cover letter, detailing the candidate’s specific interest in AUK, and how the candidate’s past experience provides a suitable basis for performance in the position for which they are applying;
2) A current CV.
3) Statements on teaching goals and philosophy, research and service.
4) Copies of teaching evaluations if available.
5) Three letters of recommendation.
6) Two recent publications, writing samples or sample of professional works;
In completing your application, please quote the position code number. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
More search results
Full Time Positions in the Department of Foreign …
National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University
Assistant Professor: Professional Writing
San Diego State University, Department of Rhetoric and Writing Studies
Stanley Family and Hua Hsia Chair in Chinese Cult…
The University of Iowa
Harvard College Fellow
Harvard University, Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures
Visiting Assistant Professor of Poetry and Screen…
St. Lawrence University