- Location details
- Edmond, Oklahoma, U.S.A.
- Position type
- Department chair, Professor, Associate
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Cultural studies, Creative writing, Literature, African American, Literature, American, Literature, British, Literature in English other than British and American, Literature, other minority
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The Department of English at the University of Central Oklahoma seeks to appoint a department chairperson into a tenure-track position at the Associate Professor rank. The successful candidate will begin a four-year term, effective with the summer of 2021, as department chairperson.
The chairperson teaches one course (three credit hours) per semester during the fall and spring semesters, has the option to teach during the summer, and performs administrative duties on a twelve-month basis as described in the University of Central Oklahoma Faculty Handbook.
The successful candidate should hold a Ph.D. in English and should have specialization in one of the following areas, with academic credentials sufficient for tenure, and should currently hold the Associate Professor rank at an institution with similar tenure and promotion processes:
* African American Literature/Black Studies, with focus on one or more periods or genres within the field.
* Black Atlantic, African Diasporic, and/or circum-Atlantic literatures and cultures between the seventeenth and nineteenth centuries.
* Creative Writing (poetry), with work that significantly engages with issues of race/ethnicity, identity, and culture and reflects a strong commitment to antiracist and social justice pedagogy.
* Indigenous Feminisms and intersectional interests in Tribal Critical Race Theories, literatures, rhetorics, media, and pedagogies.
A timetable for submitting an application for tenure will be negotiated at the time of appointment.
For complete details and to submit an application, please visit jobs.uco.edu.
The preference date for applications for this position will be March 31, 2021.
Similar searches: Full-time, Department chair, 4-year college or university, Creative writing, English, Cultural studies, Professor, Associate, Literature, African American, Literature, American, Literature, British, Literature in English other than British and American, Literature, other minority, Oklahoma
More search results
Full Time Positions in the Department of Foreign …
National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University
Assistant Professor: Professional Writing
San Diego State University, Department of Rhetoric and Writing Studies
Stanley Family and Hua Hsia Chair in Chinese Cult…
The University of Iowa
Harvard College Fellow
Harvard University, Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures
Visiting Assistant Professor of Poetry and Screen…
St. Lawrence University