- Washington & Jefferson College
- Location details
- Washington, PA (30 miles south of Pittsburgh)
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Composition and rhetoric
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The founding Director of the Writing Center will launch a thriving Writing Center at W&J to support student success. The Director manages the daily operations of the Writing Center, including supervising, training, and scheduling peer tutors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage daily operations of the Center including scheduling peer tutors and maintaining the budget.
- Hire, train, and supervise peer tutors
- Stay current with writing instruction and writing center operations
- Assess Center operations
- Provide writing instruction to individual students in the Center
- Establish relationships with faculty colleagues to enhance Center operations
- Teach composition courses 2 courses/year
- Work collaboratively with other academic support colleagues and Student Life colleagues to promote student success and retention
- M.A. in English Composition or Literature
- Ph.D. strongly preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience with composition/writing instruction required
- Demonstrated commitment to student outcomes and student success
- Evidence of being a collaborative, communicative, and cooperative team member
- Ability to creatively approach challenges and work toward positive resolutions
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job at https://www.washjeff.edu/applicantpro/ . Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
More search results
Full Time Positions in the Department of Foreign …
National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University
Assistant Professor: Professional Writing
San Diego State University, Department of Rhetoric and Writing Studies
Stanley Family and Hua Hsia Chair in Chinese Cult…
The University of Iowa
Harvard College Fellow
Harvard University, Department of Germanic Languages and Literatures
Visiting Assistant Professor of Poetry and Screen…
St. Lawrence University