Visiting Assistant Professor, Spanish
- University of Arizona, Spanish & Portuguese
- Location details
- Tucson, Arizona
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
Visiting Assistant Professor- Spanish
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese seeks a dynamic individual for a full-time position as Visiting Assistant Professor of Spanish to teach in its Hispanic Linguistics Program. The Department is looking for a person who can teach Spanish syntax at the graduate level. This one-year position is benefits-eligible and begins in August 2021.
Responsibilities include full-time teaching (3:3), including two graduate-level syntax courses and undergraduate courses in language and linguistics, participating in MA and PhD exams, and mentoring graduate students as needed. Teaches face-to-face and online dependent upon the rates of COVID-19 and safety precautions.
The successful candidate must have:
- PhD in hand at time of appointment in Hispanic Linguistics, linguistics or related field with an area of specialization in Spanish syntax
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the college level
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English
Ideally, candidates should have experience:
- Teaching courses in Spanish syntax
- Teaching courses in Spanish linguistics
- Teaching online courses
Please include a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a one-page teaching philosophy, three reference letters (one of them addressing teaching qualifications), and sample student evaluations.
Review of application starts March 22nd. Position open until filled.
More search results
Assistant/Associate Professor of Black Studies
Swarthmore College Black Studies
Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Humanities-Michigan Technological University
Assistant Teaching Professor - Department of Writ…
Lecturer in English
Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor in Eng…