MassBay fosters educational excellence and academic success to prepare students for local and global citizenship, to meet critical workforce demands of communities, and to contribute to the region’s economic development.
Massachusetts Bay Community College values diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply to join our community.
Located in Greater Boston, MassBay is a comprehensive, open-access community college, offering associate degrees and certificate programs on three campuses in Wellesley Hills, Framingham, and Ashland, Massachusetts.
The ideal candidate will join a vibrant and inclusive educational community, and have a desire and ability to work with a diverse population.
MassBay Community College is seeking a full-time, tenure-track Communication faculty member to join our division. The position includes teaching a full range of Communication courses, including, but not limited to Introduction to Communication, Oral Communication, and Intercultural Communication.
The ideal candidate will be committed to the following college-wide goals: fostering a learner-centered environment that reflects best practices, establishing rigorous curricula and relevant programs of study to promote student success, and cultivating a culture of civility, collaboration, inclusion, and respect for individual differences and perspectives.
Faculty members are responsible for developing educational and evaluation materials consistent with the philosophy and framework of the program, MassBay Community College, and (if applicable, accreditation, licensure, and specialty requirements). The faculty member is responsible for maintaining current expertise in the discipline. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for teaching and promoting success among a diverse student population.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Teach remote, online, or face to face courses at the Wellesley Hills or Framingham campuses as assigned;
- Prepare syllabi and develop curricula to address course and program requirements and student learning outcomes for Graduation Competencies as appropriate;
- Serve as academic advisor to students;
- Post and maintain a minimum of four (4) office hours per week;
- Participate in the improvement and development of academic programs and resources;
- Serve on College committees as elected or appointed;
- Attend Program, Department, Division, Faculty, and Committee meetings;
- Recommend to the Department Chair suitable instructional material, textbooks, and library acquisitions;
- Participate in assessment of course and program learning outcomes;
- Use technology effectively to communicate with students and colleagues and to enhance classroom learning as appropriate;
- Engage in professional development activities to maintain excellence in the discipline and the classroom;
- Carry out other related duties as assigned by the Dean consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement
This list is not to be considered all-inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties as required to meet the needs and foster the mission of the College.
All employees of MassBay are expected to work collegially and collaboratively within a community that values and celebrates diversity.
- Master’s degree in Communication. A minimum of two years of full-time teaching experience at the college level, or the equivalent part-time experience, teaching Communication courses;
- Experience using and teaching social media and other forms of online communication;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Community College teaching experience strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement a curriculum that compliments the reading, writing, and critical thinking skills of students and incorporates diverse, equitable, and inclusive perspectives;
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of teaching and assessment strategies to promote and evaluate student learning;
- Demonstrated ability to use information technology effectively;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with under-prepared students, English language learners, and/or adult learners;
- Demonstrated interest in the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- In addition, finalists will be expected to demonstrate evidence of success in some of the following areas: reviewing and improving courses and developing new courses; using alternative pedagogies such as service-learning, learning communities, and distance learning; developing and teaching online courses; developing co-curricular programs
Salary Range: $48,811.00 - 64,953.00 Annual Salary
Classification Type: Regular Employee
Application Deadline: March 20, 2021, or thereafter until filled.
Hiring is subject to state appropriation funding.
Final candidates are required to provide sealed transcripts and/or certifications.
Hiring is contingent upon a successful CORI clearance.
Massachusetts Bay Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s for Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Lisa MacDonald, Director of Equity Compliance, firstname.lastname@example.org, (781) 239-3147, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
More search results
Visiting Assistant Professor, Spanish
University of Arizona, Spanish & Portuguese
Full Time Positions in the Department of Foreign …
National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University
Undergraduate Program Writing Coordinator
Virginia Tech- Civil and Environmental Engineering
Professor/Associate/Assistant Professor in Englis…
BNU-HKBU United International College
Lecturer in English