Tenure Track Professor (Multiple Positions)
- Location details
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- English, Chinese
- Humanities, Language teaching, Linguistics, Literature, African American, Literature, American, Literature, other minority
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Puerto Rico
The College of Humanities in the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, is seeking to fill the following Assistant Professor positions, beginning August 2021, in the areas of:
DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
U.S. American Literature
- Ph.D. in English or American Studies or a closely related field by the time of the appointment
- Academic expertise in one or more of the following areas: Early or Colonial U.S., Early 19th-C. U.S., African American, Native American, or Trans-Atlantic Studies. Also welcome, intersections with or background in Caribbean Literatures, or other interdisciplinary or intermedial training.
- Ph.D. in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, English Linguistics, or a closely related field awarded by the time of appointment
- Academic expertise and research activity in one or more of the following preferred areas: Caribbean linguistics, bilingualism, ethnolinguistics, and language acquisition
DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES
- Ph.D. The applicant must have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Chinese or related field (e.g., foreign language teaching methodologies or applied linguistics with a specialization in Chinese) from an accredited university comparable with the University of Puerto Rico, at the time of appointment, and native or near-native proficiency in Mandarin Chinese.
Full descriptions of each of these positions and details on how to apply are available at: https://www.uprrp.edu/empleos/
Application deadline is April, 12, 2021.
Questions about the Department of English searches should be addressed to Dr. Richard Swope at firstname.lastname@example.org and for the Department of Foreign Languages search to Dr. Antoine Philippe at email@example.com
The University of Puerto Rico is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. Published in compliance with the University of Puerto Rico by laws as amended Certification 160 (2014-2015) Art. 42 and 43.
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, Chinese, English, Professor, Assistant, Humanities, Language teaching, Linguistics, Literature, African American, Literature, American, Literature, other minority, Puerto Rico