- University of South Dakota-English Department
- Location details
- Salary is commensurate with rank.
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- English education
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
- South Dakota
The Department of English at the University of South Dakota invites applications for the position of Instructor / Lecturer. This nine-month, full-time, benefits-eligible position will teach introductory composition and literature courses in a range of modalities and, as a faculty member, engage with and support English department activities and goals. Additionally, the department is interested in supporting its offerings in the recently added English degree specialization in Professional Writing. Anticipated date of appointment is August 22, 2021. Salary is commensurate with rank.
*First review date is April 26, 2021; Position open until filled.
- M.A. or terminal degree in English (or related discipline)
- Experience in undergraduate writing instruction
- Experience in online course delivery, and demonstrated excellence in teaching.
- A terminal degree is required to be hired at the rank of Lecturer.
Preferred Qualifications: Extensive experience teaching across a range of modalities. Experience in an area of professional writing (such as grant writing, editing, publishing, copy-editing, etc.); this experience may be in teaching or in practice.
**APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE** at https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu.
Applicants should submit:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae including a list of references
- Statement of teaching philosophy and representative teaching materials
- Other materials may be requested later from candidates; for example, letters of reference, transcripts, etc.
Questions or inquiries about the position can be directed to English@usd.edu
More search results
Visiting Assistant Professor, Spanish
University of Arizona, Spanish & Portuguese
Full Time Positions in the Department of Foreign …
National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University
Instructional Professor, Assistant
University of Wyoming, Honors College
Undergraduate Program Writing Coordinator
Virginia Tech- Civil and Environmental Engineering
Professor/Associate/Assistant Professor in Englis…
BNU-HKBU United International College