Assistant Professor in Spanish and Latin American Studies
- Location details
- Maynooth, Co. Kildare, Ireland
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Technical and business writing, Criticism and theory, Generalist, Technology and digital media, Language teaching, Linguistics, Speech and communications
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Other international
Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued. We are seeking an excellent academic to join our staff as an Assistant Professor / Lecturer in Spanish and Latin American Studies with a specialism in one of the two following areas:
• Translation Studies (to include literary translation; intermediality and intralingual translation; scientific, technical, and commercial translation; and/or the use of digital technology in translation);
• Language Education (to include second-language pedagogy, as it relates to Spanish; language teaching and learning; second-language assessment and testing, as they relate to Spanish; and/or the use of digital technology to support the teaching and learning of Spanish).
The person appointed will have a proven record of teaching, research, and publication, appropriate to career stage. He/she/they will be expected to make a strong contribution to the teaching programme of the School and Spanish and Latin American Studies section and undertake teaching duties on the School’s undergraduate and postgraduate programmes as well as the supervision of Master’s and PhD students.
See https://bit.ly/3sgzCD9 for the full job description, salary details and application guidelines.
Closing Date: 23:30hrs (local Irish time) on Sunday, 16 May 2021.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Maynooth University is an equal opportunities employer.
The position is subject to the Statutes of the University.
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, Criticism and theory, Professor, Assistant, Generalist, Language teaching, Linguistics, Spanish, Speech and communications, Technical and business writing, Technology and digital media, Other international
More search results
Visiting Assistant Professor, Spanish
University of Arizona, Spanish & Portuguese
Full Time Positions in the Department of Foreign …
National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University
Lecturer in English
Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor in Eng…
Stanley Family and Hua Hsia Chair in Chinese Cult…
The University of Iowa