- Saint Joseph’s University
- Location details
- Philadelphia, PA
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
Saint Joseph’s University
Visiting Assistant Professor, English
The English Department at Saint Joseph’s University is seeking to fill a one-year term appointment for a Visiting Professor of English who will also serve as the Assistant Director of the University’s Writing Center.
The teaching load for this position will be 3/3, with the bulk of the work focused on teaching in the department. One quarter of the work will focus on helping the Director of the Writing Center to manage daily operations during the fall and spring semesters.
For more information about the English Department please visit https://www.sju.edu/departments/english
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching three sections of English courses per semester: these courses are typically first
year composition and literature courses but may include upper-level courses, depending
on departmental need.
- Holding regularly scheduled office hours for students in classes
- Assisting the Director of the Writing Center with the Writing Center’s operation, especially in the late afternoon and evening during the week
- Attending departmental pedagogical meetings several times yearly
- Attending monthly meetings of writing tutors
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours:
- This position requires work during late afternoons and evenings in the Writing Center in addition to teaching classes during the day.
- Ph.D. in English or in Rhetoric and Composition or an M.F.A. in Creative Writing
- Experience in teaching both composition and literature survey classes
- Writing center experience in a university-level writing center
- Experience as a writing center administrator
- Experience in working with ELL learners
- Experience with online teaching and tutoring
On-line applications only. Please provide a letter of application/interest and resume. For a complete description of position responsibilities, qualifications, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.sju.edu/postings/18308.
Saint Joseph's University is a private, Catholic, and Jesuit institution and expects members of its community to be knowledgeable about its mission and make positive contributions to that mission. Saint Joseph's is an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce.
More search results
Assistant Professor of Spanish
Claremont McKenna College
Laurance S. Rockefeller Visiting Faculty Fellowsh…
University Center for Human Values, Princeton University
Assistant/Associate Professor of Black Studies
Swarthmore College Black Studies
IDEAL Provostial Fellows for Studies in Race and …
Office of Faculty Development, Diversity and Engagement
Tenure-track Assistant Professor or Associate Pro…
Rice University, Department of Modern and Classical Literatures and Cultures