Tenure Track Assistant Professor in 19th Century British Literature and Culture
- Location details
- San Marcos, Texas
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The Department of English at Texas State University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of assistant professor, specialty in 19th Century British literature and culture.
Successful applicant expected to demonstrate and maintain an active record of publication and to teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in area of specialization. In addition to 19th Century British LIterature, teaching assignments may include courses within candidate’s other areas of interest, with preference given to the ability to teach and conduct research in one (or more) of the following areas: studies of empire and race; gender studies/early first wave feminism; (new) media studies. Teaching assignment to include core English courses, such as introductory literature surveys. All positions are subject to availability of funds. Appointment begins Fall 2022.
- Ph.D. in English or closely related field that meets accreditation requirements (18 graduate hours in English), with degree completed at time of appointment.
- Specialization in 19th Century British literature and culture.
- Demonstrated teaching excellence.
- Background and/or experience commensurate with the position of assistant professor and sufficient to teach graduate courses in 19th Century British literature and culture.
- Demonstrated ability in scholarly research on 19th Century British and culture.
- Ability to teach and conduct research in one (or more) of the following areas: studies of empire and race; gender studies/early first wave feminism; (new) media studies.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/35720.
For full consideration, please submit the following by November 12, 2021: 1) a letter of application, 2) current curriculum vitae, 3) contact information for three references, and 4) two-page teaching philosophy.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
More search results
Assistant Professor of French Studies
Faculty Positions in World Literature
Duke Kunshan University
Creative Writing/indigenous Focus
Department of English-University of Oklahoma
Tenure Track Assistant Professor of French
Assistant Professor of German