- Location details
- $65,000 per year with benefits
- Position type
- Administrator, Other
- Organization type
- Nonprofit organization
- Comparative literature, Humanities
- Employment category
The American Comparative Literature Association (ACLA) is seeking applications for the position: Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), who reports directly to the Secretary-Treasurer and the Board. This is a full-time position with benefits.
Salary: $65,000 per year with benefits
The CAO provides administrative support to the ACLA, manages its daily business and monitors its accounts under the supervision of the Secretary-Treasurer, who represents the Executive Committee to the administrative wing. The CAO will implement the goals and priorities established by the ACLA Board (of which they will be a non-voting member) and serve as Ex-Officio member on standing committees.
Major responsibilities include planning the annual conference (over 2000 attendees), financial reporting and compliance, website development and maintenance, supervision of staff, administrative support for standing and ad hoc committees and support for the other activities of the ACLA. The CAO will work closely with ACLA accountant to prepare end of year filing and with our travel experts to secure hotel contracts and travel arrangements
The CAO will have a graduate degree, preferably a MA in Comparative Literature or a related field, along with at least 2 years’ experience in nonprofit management and demonstrable skills commensurate with the position description. Location flexible. Work from home.
Applications should include a CV, Letter of Application, and List of three references and should be sent to email@example.com. For further information about the position contact the Secretary-Treasurer c/o firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the position. Review of applications will continue until position is filled; applications received by August 20, 2021 will receive the fullest consideration.
- Minimum M.A., preferably in a field in the humanities.
- Familiarity with remote work technologies (Google Workspace/G Suite, Dropbox, Zoom, Asana, LastPass, email).
- Familiarity with marketing platforms (Excel/Google Sheets and Mailchimp).
- Familiarity with accounting software (Quickbooks and Stripe).
- Strong writing skills and overall communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new challenges.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize.
- Available to check in with Administrative Assistant, Secretary-Treasurer, Executive Committee, Board and standing Committees via Zoom on a regular basis for scheduled meetings and respond to emails promptly.
- Ability to work with a range of vendors, accountant, members and consultants to secure contracts, produce monthly reconciliations, process payroll, produce member receipts and file end of year tax forms.
- Ideal candidate will be familiar with the ACLA and our conferences. We strongly recommend reviewing our website, www.acla.org, and learning about our mission and annual conference.
- Ideal candidate will have previous administrative experience and membership management.
- Ideal candidate will have previous experience in event planning.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with development/fundraising and/or grant writing.
- Ideal candidate would have some experience with basic web development tools (specifically Drupal).
- Flexible work hours. This position will coordinate with the Secretary-Treasurer when support is needed, but the hours are flexible.
- This is a fully remote position.
- Health insurance.
The American Comparative Literature Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status, or marital status in employment.
More search results
Full-Time Lecturer of the Arabic Language
University of Southern California, Department of Middle East Studies
Associate Professor in German Studies
Washington University in St. Louis
Assistant/Associate Professor of African American…
Department of English-University of Oklahoma
Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs - Predoctoral…
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
Assistant or Associate Professor of Digital Cultu…
Writing, Rhetoric & Digital Studies, UNC Charlotte