Assistant Professor in English or a related field
- The University of Texas at Tyler - Literature and Languages
- Location details
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The Department of Literature and Languages at The University of Texas at Tyler invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in English or a related field to join a progressive faculty of literature and rhetoric/writing in fall 2022 to further develop its thriving English BA and MA programs. The ideal job candidate will have a background in literature or a related field and will be able to build a bridge between English majors’ literary study and digitally-mediated research practices. Required credentials include:
- Background or publication in non-Western literature (e.g. Asian, Middle Eastern, or African literature), classical literature, or early European literature.
- Experience in teaching literary analysis by incorporating multimodal/digital projects into student research practices.
- Experience in first-year writing/composition instruction. Teaching first year writing courses will be a requirement for this position.
- Ph.D. in English or related field (awarded by fall 2022).
Preferred credentials include:
- Experience in teaching non-Western, classical, or early European literature
- Teaching custom literature courses with a proven track record of attracting students to those courses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, research and publication, curriculum development, learning outcome assessment, and local community outreach for service learning. Compensation is competitive and based on credentials.
Tyler is located 90 miles east of Dallas in the scenic Piney Woods area of East Texas. As the cultural center of East Texas, Tyler is a region with over one million people and boasts many amenities such as museums, a planetarium, a ballet, a symphony orchestra, and a renowned performing arts center. One of the 14 campuses of the UT System, UT Tyler offers excellence in teaching, research, artistic performance and community service. More than 80 undergraduate and graduate degrees are available at UT Tyler, which has an enrollment of more than 10,000 high-ability students at its campuses in Tyler, Longview and Palestine.
To apply: submit letter of interest, curriculum vita, copy of transcript for the highest degree, contact information of three references, and any supporting documents in one file to UT Tyler Career Portal or https://www.uttyler.edu/human-resources/prospective-employees/. Review of application begins on October 30 and ends when the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code Section 51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information. The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
More search results
Full-Time Lecturer of the Arabic Language
University of Southern California, Department of Middle East Studies
Associate Professor in German Studies
Washington University in St. Louis
Assistant/Associate Professor of African American…
Department of English-University of Oklahoma
Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs - Predoctoral…
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
Assistant or Associate Professor of Digital Cultu…
Writing, Rhetoric & Digital Studies, UNC Charlotte