Creative Nonfiction Junior Faculty
- UCLA Department of English
- Location details
- Los Angeles, California
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant, Professor, Associate
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- English education, Creative writing
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
The Department of English invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in creative nonfiction (prose). Areas and genres of interest include (but are not limited to) writing about race; lyric essay; disability writing; literary investigative journalism or reportage; writing about medicine; personal essay; queer and trans writing; science writing; memoir; environmental writing; urban writing; biography. We are particularly interested in applicants with a deep commitment to teaching and mentorship across a range of class formats as well as a willingness to contribute to the life and administration of a vibrant public university and departmental community. Individuals with a history of and commitment to mentoring students from underrepresented minorities are encouraged to apply.
Prerequisites: terminal degree or one publication; demonstrated excellence in creative nonfiction in prose; evidence of or demonstrated potential for excellent teaching ability of university-level creative writing courses.
Please submit the documents listed below via UCLA Recruit by November 1, 2021: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF06830.
• Cover Letter (including present and future research or writing projects)
• Curriculum Vitae
• Writing Sample (max. 6,000 words not including footnotes)
• Statement of Teaching
• References (contact information only for 3 references)
• Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion which describes a faculty candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our Sample Guidance for Candidates and related EDI Statement FAQ document (https://equity.ucla.edu/programs-resources/faculty-search-process/faculty-search-committee-resources/sample-guidance/).
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
More search results
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PRACTICE IN TRANSLATION ST…
Open Rank Professor of German
Professor of Germanic Studies
University of Chicago Germanic Studies Department
Associate Dean for Academic Student Affairs, Coll…
Howard University - College of Arts and Sciences
Assistant Professor of Latin American Literature …
Mount St. Mary's University Department of World Languages and Cultures