Assistant Professor of Spanish Linguistics
- Location details
- College Ave (RU-New Brunswick)
- Commensurate With Experience
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- English, Other languages, Spanish
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
- New Jersey
The Department of Spanish and Portuguese at Rutgers University, New Brunswick seeks to hire a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the area of Sociolinguistics, with a record of engagement with the study of the relationship between race and language, to begin September 2022. Areas of expertise might include Latinx in the US, Spanish in the US, Afro-Latinx, multilingual Asians in Latin America and the US, Haitian/Latinx interactions, Central American / Mexican Spanish-indigenous bi/multilingualisms, Spanish in Equatorial Guinea, and/or Spanish in contact with other languages, and language policy.
The candidate will be expected to teach courses in the area of Spanish Sociolinguistics at the undergraduate and graduate levels, with a teaching load of 2/2.
The position, part of a Humanities cluster hire in Language and Racial Justice, will contribute to and benefit from existing resources at Rutgers, including:
● The Institute for the Study of Global Racial Justice
● The Language Engagement Project
● The Language Center
● Rutgers English Language Institute
● Spanish Translation and Interpreting Program
● Critical Translation Studies Initiative.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV, three letters of recommendation, teaching evaluations (examples from the last two years if possible), and writing sample (limited to 25 pp.) by November 10, 2021.