The Sava Ranisavljevic Postdoctoral Fellowship in Judeo-Spanish Studies
- Northwestern Spanish and Portuguese
- Location details
- Evanston, IL
- Sava Ranisavljevic Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Position type
- Postdoctoral fellow
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Other languages, Spanish
- Cultural studies, Interdisciplinary, Humanities, Literature, non-English, Literature, other minority
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
Northwestern University invites applications for The Sava Ranisavljevic Postdoctoral Fellowship in Judeo-Spanish Studies beginning September 1, 2022. The full-time fellow will spend two years at the university and will be required to teach two courses per year and offer an annual public lecture about her/his postdoctoral research related to Judeo-Spanish studies. The search committee welcomes applications from scholars working in the fields of history, literature, linguistics, religion, Sephardic studies, Latin American and/or Iberian Studies, etc. The fellow will be affiliated with both the Spanish and Portuguese and the Crown Family Center for Jewish and Israeli Studies Program, with possible secondary affiliations in appropriate programs or departments.
All requirements of the PhD must be completed by Sept. 1, 2022. Review of applications will begin January 15th, 2022.
To view the complete announcement for this position and apply, please visit http://www.spanish-portuguese.northwestern.edu/about/open-positions/
The following materials should be included with the application:
- CV and university transcripts
- Abstract of the PhD dissertation (uploaded in the 'Other Materials' requirement of the application)
- A writing sample
- A description of research to be pursued during the fellowship year
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Three contacts for recommendation letters (to be collected automatically by our system)
- Two sample syllabi of courses you propose to offer.
Please direct any questions to Cesar Braga-Pinto, Department Chair, Department of Spanish and Portuguese, email@example.com
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, Cultural studies, Postdoctoral fellow, Humanities, Interdisciplinary, Spanish, Other languages, Illinois, Literature, non-English, Literature, other minority