Lecturer of Spanish
- Wheaton College (Illinois)
- Location details
- Wheaton, IL
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching, Speech and communications
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
Lecturer of Spanish – This appointment is a non-tenure-track, 4-4 position, with annual renewal. The teaching assignment for this full-time Lecturer of Spanish position will include courses at the elementary and/or intermediate level, with occasional opportunities to teach advanced courses in the hire’s area of specialty. The Lecturer will also assist the Section Coordinator with administrative responsibilities.
Courses begin August, 2022, with contract beginning July 1, 2022.
- Post-graduate degree in Spanish, Second Language Acquisition, or a related field (Ph.D. preferred).
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish.
- Record of outstanding teaching, incorporating innovative course design and delivery at elementary and/or intermediate levels.
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, in support of the Spanish program’s diversity goals and Wheaton College’s Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment.
Interested candidates should send a curriculum vitae and letter of inquiry, detailing (1) professional qualifications, as well as (2) ability to contribute to Wheaton College’s Christian liberal arts mission, to Ian Roseen, Senior Office Coordinator, Department of Modern and Classical Languages, Wheaton College, Wheaton, IL 60187-5501. Tel. (630) 752-7557. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply below. Inquiries will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and selected candidates will be invited to submit a full application. Please do not send transcripts, letters of recommendation, or credential files unless requested.
WHEATON COLLEGE is an evangelical Protestant Christian liberal arts college whose faculty and staff affirm a Statement of Faith and adhere to lifestyle expectations of the Wheaton College Community Covenant. Wheaton is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and talented workforce and student body. We encourage the expression of multiple perspectives within a Christian worldview, inside and outside the classroom. For more information about Wheaton College visit www.wheaton.edu.
Additionally, Wheaton College aspires to provide a physically safe environment for students, staff, and faculty to learn and work. In support of this objective, the College requires background checks for final candidates, after an employment offer is extended. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.