Assistant Professor of English Specializing in Creative Nonfiction
- Location details
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- Commensurate with experience
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Creative writing
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ENGLISH SPECIALIZING IN CREATIVE NONFICTION
COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY
Entry-level, tenure-track, nine-month appointment, begins August 16, 2022.
· MFA or PhD in English or related field at time of appointment.
· Experience teaching at the college level.
· A promising record of creative activity, scholarship, and contributions to the writing community.
· At least one book of literary nonfiction (memoir, personal essay, lyric essay, narrative nonfiction, hybrid forms) published by, or under contract with, a national press.
· Experience in one or more of the following areas: Latinx, African American, Native American, Asian American, and LGBTQ literature and writing.
· Interest in, and the ability to teach, a range of approaches to literary nonfiction.
Teaching responsibilities include four courses a year, including MFA and undergraduate writing workshops, craft classes, literature seminars, and surveys. The successful candidate will also be expected to advise and mentor students, direct theses, and provide service to the program, department, university, and community.
Candidates who can advance the department’s commitment to diversity, inclusion and social justice through scholarship, creative activity, and teaching are encouraged to address these goals in their application.
Application Procedures and Deadlines
Please submit a brief letter of interest; curriculum vitae; graduate transcripts; statement of teaching philosophy; a statement demonstrating commitment to issues of diversity, inclusion, and social justice; a writing sample of no more than 25 pages of published work; and contact information for three references. Address cover letter to Andrew Altschul, Search Chair. Semifinalists will be invited to send additional materials and to schedule a Zoom interview in December. To view a full position announcement and submit an application electronically please visit: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/92772 . Hard copy applications cannot be accepted. For full consideration, applications must be submitted by October 31, 2021.
Materials of semifinalists, including letters of reference, will be made available for review by the entire faculty of the Department of English. Applications accepted until the position is filled. Full consideration deadline: October 31, 2021 11:59pm MST.
Routine inquiries to Mary Ellen Sanger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer. CSU conducts background checks on all final candidates.
More search results
Full-time Faculty Position in American literature
The American University in Cairo
North African Francophone Studies, Tenure-track A…
Connecticut College French Department
Director of Academic Program Services and Profess…
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF HISPANIC LINGUISTICS
Princeton University German Department