The MLA is seeking a full-time user interface and graphic designer to support the MLA’s work on behalf of humanities higher education. We’re looking for an inventive designer with experience in digital and print media, a background in multichannel brand design, and enthusiasm for the MLA’s mission.
Reporting to the director of outreach, you’ll work closely with members of the marketing and communications staff along with project stakeholders, developers, and others who do design work.
- Design user-friendly and compelling e-mails, landing pages, videos, advertising, and other print and digital collateral
- Maintain and refine MLA design system, including logo extensions and e-mail templates
- Oversee UI design of platforms and interfaces, based on user research and testing
- Oversee the organization of design and image assets
- Work with colleagues to execute print and digital campaigns
- At least three years of relevant graphic design experience (in-house or agency) with portfolio that demonstrates your design work
- At least one year of UI design experience
- Experience with a wide range of media, including e-mails, web pages, digital and print advertisements, and videos
- Expert knowledge of the foundational elements of visual design, including typography, iconography, color theory, and layout
- Curiosity about new technology, design trends, and tools
- A proven ability to work collaboratively with project stakeholders and marketing team members
- Effective communication and time management skills
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and XD; experience with video editing software, illustration, and photography desirable
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of and interest in humanities higher education
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with CRMs preferable
This is a full-time position requiring at least two days each week on-site at the MLA offices in downtown New York City. The MLA provides generous vacation and sick time, flexible work hours, a 403(b) retirement plan, and individual health and dental plans with no shared premium cost. You must be able to work legally in New York State. Please submit a cover letter, along with a résumé and portfolio to apply.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
More search results
Full-time Faculty Position in American literature
The American University in Cairo
North African Francophone Studies, Tenure-track A…
Connecticut College French Department
Director of Academic Program Services and Profess…
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF HISPANIC LINGUISTICS
Princeton University German Department