Lecturer: Spanish Langage and Literature
- University of Cape Town
- Location details
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- English, Spanish
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Other international
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The School of Languages and Literatures invites applications for a permanent appointment as Lecturer in Spanish Language and Literature. The appointment will commence as soon as possible.
- Completed PhD in Spanish Language, Hispanic Literatures, Linguistics, or Philology
- Native or near-native mastery of the Spanish Language
- Experience in the teaching of Spanish Language, Hispanic Literatures, Philology, or Linguistics at tertiary level
- Evidence of a clearly laid out research strategy and publications commensurate with career stage
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Teaching, convening, and developing of undergraduate and postgraduate courses and programmes
- Active contribution to the Section’s research projects
- Active participation in the School’s research culture
- Administration commensurate with experience
- To contribute to blended learning modalities, as required
The annual remuneration package for 2021, including benefits at Lecturer level is R765 575
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ian Petersen at email@example.com
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Cover letter, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure that the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to do a presentation.
Telephone: 021 650 2163 Website: www.humanities.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E210327 Closing date: 31 October 2021
UCT is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity, and redress in achieving its equity targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets. Preference will be given to candidates from the under-represented Designated Groups. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf.
UCT has the right not to appoint
More search results
Provost’s Tenure Track Fellow to Faculty
The Ohio State University Department of English
Stanford IDEAL Provostial Fellows for Studies in …
Office of Faculty Development, Diversity and Engagement
Assistant Professor of Japanese Language and Asia…
Assistant Professor of African American Studies
St. Olaf College, English Dept.
Assistant Professor of Letters, College of Letters
Wesleyan University, College of Letters