We are a thriving, Boston-based educational consulting firm seeking a full-time, salaried college admissions advisor to join our team. We offer a flexible work environment and supportive, thoughtful colleagues. This position requires no travel. Candidates with the desire to mentor and change the lives of students are strongly encouraged, and such individuals will find this position extremely rewarding.
Roles and responsibilities of the admissions consultant will include:
- Meeting one-on-one with high school students and their parents to help guide them through the college admissions process
- Coaching students to reach their full potential through working on students’ academic, intellectual and extracurricular profiles
- Working closely with students on essay development and all written materials, while providing constructive feedback on essay topics, structure and writing
- Conveying expertise in all areas of college admissions
- Working some evening and weekend hours
- Ability to handle high-stress situations and interactions
Skills and background required for this role include:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree from a top-ranked university or admissions experience from a top-ranked university
- A graduate degree (or a nearly completed one)
- An outgoing, empathetic personality with strong relationship-building skills
- A strong work ethic with a desire to constantly exceed expectations
- Proven, exceptional writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong project management skills
- Comfort working in an entrepreneurial, small-company environment
- At least three years of work experience or combination of work experience and graduate school
Please do not apply for this role if you do not have the aforementioned skills and background.
Overall, we will favor fit with our culture above all else.
The Spark Admissions Consultant is a full-time, salaried role. While hours are flexible, please note that the nature of this position requires that we meet with students when they are available—afternoons, evenings and weekends. We are open to telecommuting; however, those willing to work in the Boston area may receive preference.
Generous salary commensurate with experience, along with bonus potential and benefits, will be provided.
All interested parties, please send a resume and cover letter to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please craft your cover letter carefully, as only applications with cover letters will be reviewed.
More search results
Director of Academic Program Services and Profess…
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF HISPANIC LINGUISTICS
Princeton University German Department
Associate Professor in German Studies
Washington University in St. Louis
Assistant/Associate Professor of African American…
Department of English-University of Oklahoma