- Location details
- Odessa, TX
- Salary Competitive
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- English education
- Employment category
The University of Texas Permian Basin (UTPB) seeks an Assistant Professor in English specialist in Drama and Renaissance Literature to begin in Fall 2022.
REPORTS TO: Department Chair and Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
SALARY RANGE: Salary Competitive
The successful Drama and Renaissance Literature specialist candidate will have the ability and interest to produce relevant plays. In addition, the candidate should have experience with the theory and practice of writing, as well as a broad understanding of British and American literature from its beginnings to the present and an ability to teach drama from antiquity to the present. The instructor will teach in his/her area of expertise, in addition to sophomore literature surveys, face-to-face and online, including dual-enrollment students. The instructor will be mentored by members of our full-time English faculty. The successful candidate will establish an active research group that will include the mentoring of graduate students.
The University of Texas Permian Basin (UTPB) values the great variety of intellectual and cultural perspectives that contribute to our success. We strongly believe that our future depends heavily on our ability to embrace diversity and leverage the strength of inclusion. UTPB is a rapidly growing school of nearly 7,000 students and is part of The University of Texas System.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Department Chair and Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of the hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
2. The University of Texas Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
3. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
4. EOE, including disability/vets.
5. UTPB participates in e-Verify.
The University offers an excellent compensation package that includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
Interested candidates need to submit the following materials:
1. Cover letter, including a statement of interest in this position
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Writing sample of no more than 30 pages
4. Three (3) letters of recommendation
5. A teaching portfolio containing materials relevant to this position (e.g. teaching philosophy, syllabi, writing assignments, course evaluations) is recommended but not required.
6. Graduate Transcripts
Review of applications will begin on or after November 15, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. A completed application is required to be considered for employment and be submitted by using this link: https://utpb.peopleadmin.com/postings/3385.
More search results
Full-time Faculty Position in American literature
The American University in Cairo
North African Francophone Studies, Tenure-track A…
Connecticut College French Department
Director of Academic Program Services and Profess…
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF HISPANIC LINGUISTICS
Princeton University German Department