French Language Coordinator / Full-time Lectureship
- Location details
- Medford, MA
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- English, French
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Department of Romance Studies at Tufts University invites applications for a French Language Coordinator/Full-time Lecturer position to begin September 1, 2022. The French Language Coordinator will teach three courses annually and oversee curriculum and faculty.
• Design and teach French language courses
• Train, supervise, and evaluate instructors of all levels of the French language program
• Coordinate outreach efforts to promote the French program
• Organize co-curricular events and oversee the French House, a dorm-like residence open to all students interested in French language and culture and not limited to majors.
• Coordinate and administer placement exams
• Advise students
• Supervise two course administrators, who work closely with language instructors, amend intermediate syllabi, update shared course materials, supervise the French recitation program, and oversee French foreign exchange student TAs.
Requirements and skills
• Native or near-native fluency in French and English
• Master’s degree required; Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred.
• Experience in designing and teaching French language courses at the college level in the U.S.
• Evidence of a commitment to designing curricula that address issues of equity and justice with a focus on marginalized communities
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Experience with technology applications for language learning
• Specialized training in second language acquisition, pedagogy, and/or assessment is highly desirable, with original and creative ideas that reflect current methodologies.
• Thorough understanding of current French and Francophone cultural issues
To apply, please submit a letter of application and a CV, and have three confidential letters of recommendation sent directly by their authors. All materials must be submitted via Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/96900. Note that our department is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and candidates’ materials should address how they will promote these priorities in their professional career.
Questions about the position may be directed to Gari Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin December 1, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
In order to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, Tufts University is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccine before their start date. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine requirement here.
Tufts University, founded in 1852, prioritizes quality teaching, highly competitive basic and applied research, and a commitment to active citizenship locally, regionally, and globally.
Tufts University also prides itself on creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. Current and prospective employees of the university are expected to have and continuously develop skill in, and disposition for, positively engaging with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and students.
See the University’s Non-Discrimination statement and policy here https://oeo.tufts.edu/policiesprocedures/non-discrimination/. If you are an applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling Johny Laine in the Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO) at 617-627-3298 or at email@example.com. Applicants can learn more about requesting reasonable accommodations at http://oeo.tufts.edu.
More search results
Open Rank Professor of German
Professor of Germanic Studies
University of Chicago Germanic Studies Department
Associate Dean for Academic Student Affairs, Coll…
Howard University - College of Arts and Sciences
Assistant Professor of Latin American Literature …
Mount St. Mary's University Department of World Languages and Cultures
Assistant Professor of Spanish, tenure-track