Assistant Professor of Spanish
- Coe College
- Location details
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
The Department of World Languages and Cultures at Coe College invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Spanish, with a focus on Transatlantic Studies. Desirable secondary specialization areas include: Caribbean Literature and Culture; race and Afro-Latin Studies; or indigenous cultures.
We are seeking a candidate with demonstrated excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level. The applicant should have the ability to teach a variety of courses including language courses such as advanced composition, Medical and Business Spanish, courses in interdisciplinary programs, in addition to upper-level classes in the areas of specialization. We are especially interested in a colleague with passion for teaching and learning that extends beyond the classroom, such as mentoring, travel-study with students, community-based learning, or digital humanities.
Coe College will give priority to candidates who demonstrate a strong commitment to diversity through the ability to work with a diverse student body and a record of pedagogical commitment to multicultural, racial, and gender perspectives.
The appointment begins in Fall 2022. The course load is 3:3.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish
- Ph.D. required at time of appointment
- Excellence in college-level teaching
Application: Applicants should send the following information through http://apply.interfolio.com/96372
A complete application will include:
• Cover letter outlining the qualifications of the applicant and a description of how these qualifications will fill the needs of the position;
• Curriculum Vitae.
• The name and contact information of 3 referees.
• Evidence of teaching excellence (eg. student evaluations, sample syllabus, or letter from course observation).
Application Deadline: November 20, or until filled