Adjunct Instructor: Video Game Design (Creative Writing)
- Location details
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Technology and digital media, Humanities, Creative writing
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
Carnegie Mellon University is looking for a candidate with active and current video game industry experience to teach a mini-course on Writing for Interactive Media.
Heavily preferred qualifications:
- 10 years of Industry experience.
- Minimum 4 titles shipped in an interactive writer, narrative designer, or narrative director role.
- World-class level of understanding of the full pipeline of game development, able to run or teach about a video game product from ideation to ship.
- Active knowledge of the landscape and the cutting edge of narrative video game development.
- Past teaching, coaching, and mentoring experience in the interactive media space.
- Relevant degrees in fields such as Creative Writing, Computer Science, or Game Development.
Appointment and Rank
Adjunct Instructor position. The teaching load is one mini-course. Spring 2022.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with your application through Interfolio. (Position URL: apply.interfolio.com/97348 )
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Carnegie Mellon University shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.