- Location details
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Other languages
- Cultural studies, Gender and women's studies, Interdisciplinary, Technology and digital media, Humanities, Film and media studies
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
The Languages, Cultures, and International Studies program is accepting applications for a tenure-track position beginning August 2022, within the new International Studies area, at the rank of Assistant Professor.
The candidate selected for this position will contribute to creating a program that is dedicated to providing interdisciplinary, humanistic, creative, and experiential learning through which students develop international communication/language skills, cultural competency, critical thinking skills, international awareness, and global advocacy/leadership skills. The program seeks a faculty member that takes interdisciplinary and social justice-oriented approaches to international issues and topics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected individual will develop and teach courses in International Studies; collaborate with students and faculty across disciplines; recruit and mentor students; maintain an active program in peer-reviewed research, and provide school/university service appropriate to academic rank.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in International Studies, Global Studies, Area Studies, Cultural Studies, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, History, Media Studies, Performance Studies, Philosophy, or a related field by the time of appointment. (If all degree requirements are not completed by August 15, 2022 , a non-tenure track appointment may be offered).
- Expertise in public humanities, open pedagogies, and/or digital humanities.
- Experience in teaching and/or engaging global advocacy projects, using production-based/hands-on approaches, such as public humanities, digital humanities, documentary-making, art-installation, live classroom, creative nonfiction writing or literary journalism.
- Professional experience in working with international organizations, especially non-profit and global advocacy organizations.
- Experience teaching Introduction to International Studies and/or Global Advocacy.
- Potential to contribute to other undergraduate programs in the School of Languages and Linguistics.
- Proficiency in a language other than English.
- Experience in designing, leading and/or teaching study-abroad programs.
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, Cultural studies, Professor, Assistant, Film and media studies, Gender and women's studies, Humanities, Interdisciplinary, Other languages, Illinois, Technology and digital media
More search results
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PRACTICE IN TRANSLATION ST…
Open Rank Professor of German
Professor of Germanic Studies
University of Chicago Germanic Studies Department
Associate Dean for Academic Student Affairs, Coll…
Howard University - College of Arts and Sciences
Assistant Professor of Latin American Literature …
Mount St. Mary's University Department of World Languages and Cultures