- USD Department of English
- Location details
- South Dakota
- Salary is commensurate with rank
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- English education
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
- South Dakota
The Department of English at the University of South Dakota invites applications for the position of Instructor / Lecturer. This nine-month, full-time, benefits-eligible position will teach introductory composition and literature courses in a range of modalities and, as a faculty member, engage with and support English department activities and goals. In addition to B.A./B.S., M.A., and Ph.D. programs, the Department of English houses the quarterly South Dakota Review, the independent Astrophil Press, an active student literary organization Vermillion Literary Project, and regular outreach to the regional community. The workload allocations for this position include teaching and service, primarily teaching. In addition to the general education courses, the department is interested in supporting its offerings in the recently added English degree specialization in Professional Writing. Anticipated date of appointment is August 22, 2022. Salary is commensurate with rank.
- M.A. or terminal degree in English (or related discipline)
- Experience in undergraduate writing instruction
- Experience in online course delivery, and demonstrated excellence in teaching.
- A terminal degree (such as a Ph.D.) is required to be hired at the rank of Lecturer.
- Extensive experience teaching across a range of modalities
- Experience in an area of professional writing (such as grant writing, editing, publishing, copy-editing, etc.); this experience may be in teaching or in practice.
**APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE** at https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu
Applicants should submit:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae including a list of references
- Statement of teaching philosophy and representative teaching materials
- Other materials may be requested later from candidates; for example, letters of reference, transcripts, etc.
More search results
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PRACTICE IN TRANSLATION ST…
Open Rank Professor of German
Professor of Germanic Studies
University of Chicago Germanic Studies Department
Associate Dean for Academic Student Affairs, Coll…
Howard University - College of Arts and Sciences
Assistant Professor of Latin American Literature …
Mount St. Mary's University Department of World Languages and Cultures