Assistant Professor of Instruction in Polish
- Northwestern University Dept of Slavic Languages &Literatures
- Location details
- Northwestern University, Evanston IL 60208
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Other languages
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF INSTRUCTION IN POLISH
Northwestern University’s Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures invites applications for a renewable, three-year appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor of Instruction in Polish, to begin September 1, 2022. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position that requires six units of teaching over three quarters per year. A Ph.D. in Polish, any area of Slavic Studies (such as literature, culture, and/or history), Second-Language Acquisition, or a related field, near-native proficiency in Polish and English, and language teaching experience in the American educational system are essential.
We are seeking an enthusiastic instructor who has demonstrated excellence in teaching all levels of Polish language and culture using a proficiency-based communicative approach and who is familiar with current instructional technologies. In addition to displaying a commitment to teaching, the successful hire is expected to engage with students, help plan co-curricular activities, and contribute to a mutually respectful, inclusive, and collaborative professional environment. Our department supports the professional growth of each faculty member in their field of specialization and is firmly committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
Applications require the following documents in PDF format: cover letter of interest that addresses professional and teaching experience as well as approaches to pedagogy; a CV; evidence of teaching effectiveness; and three contacts (name and email) for letters of recommendation. In order to ensure full consideration, applications must be received by December 15, 2021. Please submit required information at: https://slavic.northwestern.edu/about/faculty-hiring.html
For inquiries regarding the position or application process, please contact Professor Clare Cavanagh at email@example.com General information about the Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures at Northwestern University can be found on this website https://slavic.northwestern.edu
Northwestern requires all staff and faculty to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exceptions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 and Campus Updates website.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today. Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.
Please read ALL instructions and make preparations before proceeding to the application page:
- Applications will only be accepted via online submission at the link provided.
- Please prepare all documents in advance as Adobe PDF files, and please be sure all information is entered correctly and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been submitted.
- Please also prepare a list of names and email addresses for your external academic references; your references will be contacted directly by the online system and invited to upload their letters on your behalf.
- All required fields in the application form are marked with an asterisk and must be filled before clicking the “Submit” button.
- Be aware that incomplete applications cannot be saved.