English (Position Code 21-501-AUKWEB 10)
- American University Of Kuwait
- Location details
- English (Position Code 21-501-AUKWEB 10)
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Other international
American University of Kuwait
DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
English (Position Code 21-501-AUKWEB 10): Rank open; Ph.D. required. The Department of English invites applicants for a faculty position in Eighteenth-Century British literature. The position requires teaching Eighteenth-Century British literature, as well as literature survey and writing courses. The applicant will mentor and advise undergraduate students, develop scholarly projects in their specialty areas, and fulfill ongoing committee and service assignments. The successful applicant should have experience teaching and working closely with students and an active record of scholarship in Eighteen-Century literature and related field. Preference will be given to candidates with a teaching/research background in political and aesthetic theory, gender politics, philosophy, prose, novel, drama, and poetry; in the emergence of literature and other disciplines, scientific and humanistic. Experience in departmental administration is preferred. Successful candidates will teach undergraduate classes in a multicultural setting, demonstrate a commitment to inclusion and contribute to collegial, supportive, and collaborative work environments.
Application packages are to be submitted electronically to CASfaculty@auk.edu.kw (attachments must not exceed 10 MB per email). The package should contain:
- Cover letter detailing the candidate’s specific interest in AUK, and how the candidate’s past experiences provide a suitable basis for performance in the position for which s/he is applying.
- A current CV.
- Statements on teaching goals and philosophy, research, and service.
- Copies of teaching evaluations if available and letters of reference.
- The names and addresses, both electronic and postal, of three referees; and
- Two recent publications or two writing samples.
In completing your application, please quote the position code number. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position will remain open until November 30, 2021.
More search results
2024 Linguistics Tenure Track Assistant/Associate…
2024 Asian Literature Tenure Track Assistant/Asso…
2024 Translation and Interpretation Tenure Track …
Lecturers on History and Literature at Harvard Un…
Committee on Degrees in History and Literature at Harvard University
Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Sex…
Rice University Department of English and the Center for the Study of Women, Gender, and Sexuality