Assistant Vice President, Institutional Inclusion & Diversity
- La Salle University
- Location details
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19141 United States
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
The Assistant Vice President for Institutional Inclusion & Diversity reports to the Vice President for Mission, Diversity & Inclusion and provides leadership, advocacy, and support for the University's efforts to cultivate, and support a more equitable and inclusive campus educational community and workplace environment. The AVP coordinates internal institutional justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) efforts, working across all levels of the university (program, department, school, university-wide). As a key content expert in JEDI work, the [title] provides guidance to senior leadership in decision-making, execution, and communication of key initiatives and messages. As chair of a University JEDI Council, the AVP will develop, nurture and sustain synergistic and collaborative relationships with administrative offices, schools, departments and other units to build a campus community dedicated to cultivating practices congruent with core values embedded in the University's Lasallian Catholic identity and mission, and the conceptual framework of inclusive excellence. The AVP also partners with and supports the Vice President for Mission, Diversity & Inclusion in fostering and developing an inclusive partnership with the external community.
Given the importance and broad scope of this work, the Assistant Vice President for Institutional Inclusion & Diversity will regularly and actively partner with students, faculty, staff, and senior leadership and is expected to maintain a visible presence on campus.
The ideal candidate will have an appreciation of and commitment to La Salle's Lasallian Catholic identity and mission, and the synergies between inclusion and that mission.
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of 5-8 years' experience in the development, implementation, and assessment of diversity, equity, and inclusion strategies and practices.
- Successful experience with the development, implementation, and assessment of a diversity strategic plan, or at least several large and key strategic diversity initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work, assign and meet deadlines, and perform successfully with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to build rapport and collaborate with broad and diverse groups of constituents.
- Subject matter expertise in issues of diversity, equity and inclusion, which include but are not limited to:
- Evidence of nuanced, broad, contemporary, and sophisticated understanding of diversity in all its forms.
- Evidence of understanding historical and current systemic/structural factors that contribute to disparities and awareness of effective interventions to remedy those disparities.
- Strong communication skills in subject matter areas.
- Understanding of laws relating to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and claims of discrimination and harassment (e.g., Title VII and Title IX).
- Demonstrated ability to utilize expertise to identify, create, and execute initiatives that promote equity and inclusion.
- Proven experience as an educator and/or trainer on issues of inclusion and diversity.
- Previous experience with handling sensitive and highly confidential information and proven ability to exercise discretion and use of good judgement in performing assigned duties.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University and ability to work effectively within a faith-based institutional context and with individuals from diverse faith traditions.
More search results
Two-Year Postdoctoral Teaching Fellowship in Clas…
College of the Holy Cross, Classics Department
University of Kentucky, Department of English
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PRACTICE IN TRANSLATION ST…
Open Rank Professor of German
Professor of Germanic Studies
University of Chicago Germanic Studies Department