Assistant Professor - English Creative Writing
- Adelphi University
- Location details
- Garden City, NY
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Creative writing
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- New York
Assistant Professor (Tenure-Track)
English Creative Writing
College of Arts and Sciences
With its renowned faculty and multi-genre curriculum, Adelphi University's Department of English invites a published writer and effective teacher to fill a tenure-track position as we rebuild and reorient the creative writing program at the MFA level.
- We are looking for someone eager to teach a diverse multi-genre curriculum to a diverse student population.
- The successful candidate will offer workshop and literature classes in both our undergraduate program and in our new low-residency MFA program.
- The course load is 18 credits (3-3) for the academic year including appropriate departmental responsibilities.
- Experience teaching at the university level is required and experience teaching in low-residency or distance learning modalities is desirable.
- An MFA degree, or the equivalent, is required.
- At least one published book, or first book to be released by 2022, is required.
- Please submit a CV; a cover letter; a statement telling us how diversity figures into your past, present, and future teaching and writing, and of your potential to mentor students from underrepresented backgrounds; a writing sample; and a list of three references.
- Deadline for applications is December 20, 2021.
- Interviews will begin January 10, 2022.
- The position begins in the Fall 2022.
- This appointment is subject to final approval by the Adelphi University Board of Trustees.
This appointment is subject to final approval by the Adelphi University Board of Trustees. Adelphi University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from women, under-represented groups, members of the LGBT community, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES:
The College of Arts and Sciences at Adelphi University is a community of educators, learners, and citizens firmly committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that these principles enrich our entire community, foster healthy discussions, improve decision-making, and enhance the educational environment and outcomes of our students. We support initiatives, activities, discussions, and practices that uphold the equitable treatment of all members of our community and strengthen their sense of belonging at Adelphi. We relentlessly strive to become a model for a socially just and inclusive institution.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2649
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, Creative writing, English, Professor, Assistant, New York