Assistant Professor of Japanese
- Location details
- Kennesaw, Georgia
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Japanese in the Department of Foreign Languages to begin August 2022.
Strong scholarship and a commitment to excellence in teaching and student engagement is expected of all faculty members in the Radow College of Humanities and Social Sciences at KSU. The standard teaching load is 3/3. Faculty in the Department teach in a variety of modalities, including face-to-face, hybrid, and online.
This nine-month tenure track position includes the following responsibilities:
- Teaching undergraduate Japanese language and culture courses at all levels in the Modern Language and Culture B.A. program and in face-to-face, hybrid, and online modalities
- A consistent agenda of scholarship/creative activity including peer-reviewed publications
- Service to the department, college, university, profession, and community
- Contributions to Student Success initiatives at the department, college, and university levels
- Sustained efforts to recruit, retain, and mentor students in a growing Japanese program
- An earned Doctorate, or the foreign equivalent, in Japanese or a closely related field. ABD will be considered; however, degree must be earned before start date.
- Native or near-native fluency in both Japanese and English
- Evidence of scholarship/creative activities
- Demonstrated experience in teaching Japanese at the college level in the U.S.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum and materials development for Japanese language teaching
- Demonstrated experience in use of technology, and/or use of online platforms for Japanese language course delivery
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community
- International experience
Required Documents to Attach
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter describing the candidate’s qualifications for the position, including teaching philosophy addressing candidate’s ability to teach diverse populations of students, as well as the other qualifications listed above
- Unofficial transcripts (Official transcripts are due upon hire)
- Names and contact information of three professional references
- Evidence of excellence in teaching and/or mentoring such as student evaluations, sample syllabi, sample assignments, etc.
Apply Before Date
Applications must be received by January 20, 2022.
You can view and apply for this job at: https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=236799&PostingSeq=1
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact search committee chair Oumar Cherif Diop, Ph.D., email@example.com and/or, 470-578-2363.
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.