Lecturer in Korean
- Rice University
- Location details
- Houston, TX
- Commensurate with experience
- MLA - Korean
- Position type
- Lecturer/instructor, Other
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
One-year Lecturer position at Rice University’s Center for Languages & Intercultural Communication located in Houston, TX. Rice University’s Center for Languages and Intercultural Communication (CLIC) invites applications for a temporary Lecturer in Korean. This one-year appointment will begin 07/01/2022 and end 06/30/2023.
W.M. Rice University in Houston, TX seeks a temporary Lecturer in Korean with the ability to teach all levels of Korean language.
Job duties include:
- Teaching Korean undergraduate curriculum.
- Designing, preparing, evaluating, and implementing syllabi, lesson plans, and assessment instruments for in-person or online courses.
- Participating in the development and administration of students’ language proficiency assessment tools.
- Organizing and participating in language-related and CLIC events as well as recruitment activities.
Must have an M.A. in Korean, Second Language Education, or related field completed by December 31, 2021, and one year of teaching Korean language at the U.S. university level. If the M.A. is not in Korean or Second Language Education (or similarly worded field) but is in a related field, candidate must have completed at least 1 graduate course in language teaching methodologies or possess a certification in second language teaching methodologies at the time of interview. Teaching experience cannot substitute for coursework in second language acquisition.
Must have native or near-native ability to read, write and speak Korean and English. Proficiency in both languages is demonstrated by successfully completing a Rice video/audio interview during the interview process.
Applications that lack any of the requirements will not be considered for review.
- Cover letter
- Main aspects of your language teaching philosophy/approach.
- Describe innovative teaching project(s).
- How you envision yourself contributing to CLIC.
- With a focus on language teaching experiences.
- Annotated Lesson Plan
- Explanation of learning outcomes and goals for all activities.
- Include any audio, video, or written supplementary materials.
- Include both lesson plan and student handouts.
- Link to a teaching demonstration video of approximately 30 minutes
- Student Evaluations from the last year: numbers and comments.
- Three References: Names and contact information. No recommendation letters accepted or needed.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Student Evaluations
- Lesson Plan
- Link to a teaching demo video
- Supplemental Questions
Deadline for Application: February 18, 2022
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with commitment to diversity at all levels, and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
More search results
Princeton University German Department
Lecturer - Business Communication
Stephen F. Austin State University
Chinese Language Scholar
CERC Position in Cultural Heritage Knowledge Inte…
Lecturer in Heritage Spanish
The Ohio State University - Department of Spanish & Portuguese