- Location details
- Hattiesburg, MS 39406
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Language teaching
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
Candidates should submit a cover letter, C.V., teaching evaluations or evidence of teaching effectiveness, statement of teaching philosophy, and contact information of three professional references. Review of applications will begin January 20 and will continue until position is filled.
The School of Social Science and Global Studies at The University of Southern Mississippi invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure-track, Assistant Teaching Professor of Spanish beginning August 2022; this is a teaching-track position with opportunities for promotion. The School is seeking Spanish generalist candidates who will demonstrate a strong commitment to undergraduate education as well as basic language instruction, teach a full range of undergraduate and graduate courses, advise, supervise field placements, be involved in extracurricular activities, serve on committees, and work with graduate teaching assistants to implement standards-based practices. The School strongly values and encourages interdisciplinary collaboration in teaching and scholarship. We are particularly interested in candidates with a background in K-12 education.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach four courses per semester, fall and spring, face-to-face and/or online as needed.
- Hold regular office hours.
- Mentor and advise students in the program.
- Attend faculty meetings as determined by the Director of the School of Social Science and Global Studies and program meetings as determined by the program coordinators.
- Engage in professional development and/or scholarly activities appropriate to the mission of the School, College and University.
- Provide service to assist the functioning of the School, College, and University.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ph.D. in Spanish in hand by time of appointment.
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish.
- Use of multimedia and technology in teaching.
- Three years of K-12 teaching experience.
- Experience teaching and mentoring in a university setting with a diverse student body.
- Online teaching and online course design experience.
- Experience teaching at the graduate level.
More search results
Two-Year Postdoctoral Teaching Fellowship in Clas…
College of the Holy Cross, Classics Department
University of Kentucky, Department of English
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PRACTICE IN TRANSLATION ST…
Open Rank Professor of German
Professor of Germanic Studies
University of Chicago Germanic Studies Department