Assistant Professor of English Specializing in Fiction Writing
- Location details
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- 68,000 to 70,000
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Creative writing
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The Department of English at Colorado State University invites applications for an entry-level, tenure track Assistant Professor of English specializing in Fiction Writing. We are seeking a writer with energy, vision, and a commitment to building excellence in our graduate and undergraduate programs. The successful candidate will be appointed untenured and at the rank of Assistant Professor, beginning August 16, 2022.
Teaching responsibilities include four courses a year, including MFA and undergraduate writing workshops, craft classes, literature seminars, and surveys. The successful candidate will also be expected to advise and mentor students, direct theses, and provide service to the program, department, university, and community.
- MFA or Ph.D. in English or related field at the time of appointment.
- Experience teaching at the college level.
- A promising record of creative activity, scholarship, and contributions to the writing community.
- At least one full-length book of literary fiction published by, or under contract with, a national press.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Latinx, African American, Native American, Asian American, and LGBTQ literature and writing.
- Interest in, and the ability to teach, a broad range of aesthetic approaches to fiction writing.
- Applicants are encouraged to describe any additional teaching or scholarly interests and experiences.
Please submit a cover letter that elaborates your artistic and pedagogical priorities; curriculum vitae; and a writing sample of no more than 25 pages of published work. Candidates who can advance the department’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and social justice through scholarship, creative activity, and teaching are encouraged to address these priorities in the cover letter. Your application will require three references, who will be emailed immediately upon your submission of application with a request to upload a reference letter. For full consideration, applications must be submitted by February 14, 2022, and letters of reference uploaded by February 21. Materials of semifinalists, including letters of reference, will be made available for review by the entire faculty of the Department of English. Address cover letter to Andrew Altschul, Search Chair. Semifinalists will be invited to send additional materials and to schedule a Zoom interview in March. Hard copy applications cannot be accepted. All materials must be submitted through our online portal at https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/97252
Routine inquiries to Mary Ellen Sanger at email@example.com.
CSU is an EO/EA/AA employer. CSU conducts background checks on all final candidates.
More search results
Sabbatical Replacement American Literature and Th…
Western Colorado University CALL Department
Brigham Young University
Lecturer, Creative Non-fiction and Fiction
Comparative Media Studies/Writing, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Visiting Assistant Professor of Creative Writing …
University of North Texas
Lecturer for English at University of Illinois
University of Illinois, English