- Location details
- 525 East Houston Street, New York, NY
- salary commensurate with experience
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant, Teacher
- Organization type
- 2-year college, K–12 school
- Comparative literature, Gender and women's studies, Humanities, Literature, global anglophone, Literature, multicultural
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
- New York
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
Bard High School Early College Manhattan (BHSEC) invites applications for a literature faculty position for the Spring 2022 semester (January 31-June 29). All areas of specialization considered; specialization in literatures of the Middle East, South or East Asia preferred. The successful candidate will teach:
- two sections of a team-taught 10th grade World Literature course
- one or two sections of a college literature elective of the instructor's own design
This 3/4 or full-time position provides the opportunity to work with a dedicated faculty of scholars, scientists and artists, most of whom hold terminal degrees in their fields. In their four years here, BHSEC students earn an associate of arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College in addition to a New York State high school diploma. The academic program emphasizes small class size, seminar-style discussion and a commitment to teaching a diverse student body in a liberal arts environment. More information about BHSEC is available here.
This position is open to experienced teacher-scholars of literature who hold a Master's or PhD in a relevant subject area.
To apply, please:
- a letter of interest (including a description of a proposed course)
- a CV
- contact information for three references
- a teaching portfolio (including statement of teaching philosophy and a sample writing assignment for the proposed course)
2. click: on this link to access the Interfolio portal.
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS TO BEGIN IMMEDIATELY.
If you have any questions about the position, please reach out to Dean of Academic Life, William H. Hinrichs, email@example.com. Include your name and “Spring 2022 Literature Search” in the subject line. All materials must be submitted electronically through Interfolio.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Bard High School Early College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.
Similar searches: Comparative literature, 2-year college, Full-time, English, K–12 school, Professor, Assistant, Gender and women's studies, Humanities, Teacher, Literature, global anglophone, Literature, multicultural, New York
More search results
Two-Year Postdoctoral Teaching Fellowship in Clas…
College of the Holy Cross, Classics Department
University of Kentucky, Department of English
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PRACTICE IN TRANSLATION ST…
Open Rank Professor of German
Professor of Germanic Studies
University of Chicago Germanic Studies Department