- Pacific University
- Location details
- Forest Grove, OR
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Literature, British
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
Looking for Immediate Hire
The Department of English at Pacific University invites applications for a part-time position to teach the undergradute course "Shakespeare in Repertory," an upper division literature course. This course covers the major works of William Shakespeare and is scheduled to be taught on TTH from 2:45-4:20PM in person on our campus is Forest Grove, Oregon. Class begins 31 January, ends 15 May.
- Minimum M.A., Ph.D. preferred in English Literature or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Three years of teaching experience at the college level; graduate school teaching appointment or assistantship experience may be considered
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Elizabethan literature/English Renaissance
- Theatre Studies or Theatre History
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Disability Studies
Pacific University is a private liberal arts university of approximately 1600 undergraduates and 1700 graduate students. Pacific is located in beautiful Forest Grove, Oregon which is 25 miles west of Portland, an exciting, progressive, and culturally diverse urban area.
The English Department and Pacific University are committed to a vibrant and diverse campus community. Candidates from under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire.
Application review will begin immediately until the position is filled. Submit letter of interest, CV with references, and a sample of teaching evaluations to firstname.lastname@example.org; PDF preferred.
More search results
Two-Year Postdoctoral Teaching Fellowship in Clas…
College of the Holy Cross, Classics Department
University of Kentucky, Department of English
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF PRACTICE IN TRANSLATION ST…
Open Rank Professor of German
Professor of Germanic Studies
University of Chicago Germanic Studies Department