Visiting Assistant Professor - English
- Columbia College of Missouri
- Location details
- Columbia, MO
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Composition and rhetoric, Creative writing
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
Visiting Assistant Professor in English
Department: Academic Affairs - Language and Communications Studies
Term: Faculty, Full time
Diversity Statement: Columbia College is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or disability. The college maintains a safe place for open discourse; supports activities that promote diversity and inclusion; and overall, fosters a sense of community that welcomes everyone.
The Department of English and Communication Studies at Columbia College, Missouri invites applications for a full-time, fixed two-year visiting position in English. We are interested in applicants who are qualified to teach introductory multi-genre creative writing, composition and fiction writing. Responsibilities include teaching in-seat introductory English composition classes, as well as in-seat introductory and intermediate creative writing courses. Composition courses will comprise at least half of the 4-course teaching load each semester. The successful candidate will have composition teaching experience and will hold at minimum an MA or MFA in creative writing. Preferred qualifications include creative writing teaching experience, a record of professional publication, and coursework in rhetoric and composition.
Submit applications online at https://www.ccis.edu/careers/jobs. Please include a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, and materials which demonstrate a successful teaching history. Candidates moving on to the next round of the search will be asked to have letters of recommendation delivered to the search committee.
Columbia College values its employees and is committed to offering benefits designed to help enhance their health and well-being. Columbia College views the benefits offered to its workforce as an important component of the overall compensation package made available by the College. We strive to offer our employees comprehensive and affordable benefits that make Columbia College an even more attractive place to work.
The College offers generous benefits to eligible employees that include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Basic life insurance and AD&D insurance
- A 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, to which the College will match up to 8% of an employee’s annual compensation that vests at 20% a year after the employee satisfies a one year waiting period, is at least 21 years of age, has worked at least 1,000 hours in a Plan year
- Paid vacation leave
- Paid sick leave
- An Employee Educational Grant program that allows eligible individuals to take undergraduate in-seat classes at Columbia College tuition free, and online undergraduate courses at a 75% tuition reduction
- A Graduate Educational Grant program that allows eligible individuals to take graduate classes in-seat or online at Columbia College, at a 75% tuition reduction
- Participation in Tuition Exchange programs that allows full time employees to send their non-emancipated children to other member institutions with no or significantly reduced tuition charges
The offer of employment and assignment to duties is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check. The information may include, but is not limited to, academic, residential, achievement, performance, attendance, disciplinary, employment history, credit history, driving history, and criminal history of public record.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Columbia College is an equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Campus Safety for Columbia College has provided the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report and crime statistics for the main campus and venues nationwide.
Columbia College is required to distribute this information to all current and prospective employees and students. Please follow the link below for the full report or contact Human Resources at 573-875-7495 for a printed copy.
Similar searches: Full-time, Composition and rhetoric, 4-year college or university, Creative writing, English, Professor, Assistant, Missouri
More search results
Faculty in World Literature (Bard High School Ear…
Non-tenure-track Adjunct Lecturer in Spanish
Northwestern Spanish and Portuguese
Writing Center Coordinator
Virginia Military Institute
Assistant Professor of English
Virginia Military Institute
Visting Lecturer in French
Wellesley College, Department of French and Francophone Studies