English (Position Code 22-501-AUKWEB 03)
- American University Of Kuwait
- Location details
- 22-501-AUKWEB 03
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
- Other international
American University of Kuwait
English (Position Code 22-501-AUKWEB 03): Rank open; Ph.D. required. The Department of English invites applicants for a faculty position in Sixteenth and Seventeenth-Century British literature. The position requires teaching Sixteenth and Seventeenth-Century British literature, as well as literature survey and writing courses. The applicant will mentor and advise undergraduate students, develop scholarly projects in their specialty areas, and fulfill ongoing committee and service assignments. The successful applicant should have experience teaching and working closely with students and an active record of scholarship in Sixteenth and Seventeenth-Century British literature and related field. Experience in departmental administration is preferred. Successful candidates will teach undergraduate classes in a multicultural setting, demonstrate a commitment to inclusion and contribute to collegial, supportive, and collaborative work environments.
Application packages are to be submitted electronically to CASfaculty@auk.edu.kw (attachments must not exceed 10 MB per email). The package should contain:
1) Cover letter detailing the candidate’s specific interest in AUK, and how the candidate’s past experience provides a suitable basis for performance in the position for which s/he is applying.
2) A current CV
3) Statements on teaching goals and philosophy, research, and service.
4) Copies of teaching evaluations if available and letters of reference.
5) The names and addresses, both electronic and postal, of three referees.
6) Two recent publications or two writing samples.
In completing your application, please quote the position code number. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position will remain open until filled.