ATSU - Electronic Resources Librarian
- A.T. Still University
- Location details
- Kirksville, MO
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
ATSU - Electronic Resources Librarian
Job Category: Academic Affairs
Requisition Number: ATSUE002027
Mesa, AZ 85206, USA
A.T. Still University invites applications for an exempt Electronic Resources Librarian on the Mesa, Arizona campus. The Electronic Resources Librarian coordinates continued access to subscribed electronic resources with internal and external partners and has responsibility for the lifecycle of the library's eResources including eBooks, serials, databases and the technology that coordinates access to those resources. This also includes troubleshooting, usage statistics, and management of technology projects. This position maintains and improves the design of Still OneSearch (Ebsco EDS), the anchor discovery tool of our discovery system.
The first review of resumes will take place on February 21, 2022.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to ensure continued access to subscribed electronic resources. Electronic resource access includes access to databases, journals, streaming video, and e-books, primarily through our discovery tool (EBSCO EDS), A-Z Journals list, link resolver, Open Athens authentication system, and a potential institutional repository.
- Lead support efforts and troubleshooting for any technical electronic access issues that arise in conjunction with library team.
- Support electronic resource orders and renewals for library acquisition using vendor systems, e-commerce sites and bibliographic databases, verifies accuracy of data, and monitors requests for duplicates.
- Communicate with team members and other library personnel about electronic access issues.
- Responsibility for the lifecycle of the library's eResources: implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and customizing for the best user experience.
- Maintain and improve the design of Still OneSearch (Ebsco EDS), the anchor discovery tool of our discovery system.
- Manage projects related to this position.
- Lead library's LibTech committee.
- Serve as secretary for the University's ASIT committee.
- Manage library subscriptions budget.
- Oversee the tracking, management, and provision of electronic resource usage statistics. Manage conversion from COUNTER 4 to COUNTER 5 formats.
- Performs additional duties and assists with special projects as assigned.
- An ALA-accredited master's degree in library or information science, computer science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of discovery tools (preferably EDS), authentication tools (preferably OpenAthens), COUNTER and SUSHI, health sciences databases and admin functionality in said databases.
- Experience managing electronic resources and/or troubleshooting resource access.
- Detailed understanding of current models, practices, and tools used by academic libraries for the acquisition and management of e-resources.
- Demonstrated aptitude and experience with relevant information technology, such as library discovery tools (e.g. Ebsco EDS), open-url resolvers, and Microsoft Office including proficiency with Excel.
- Good problem-solving, communication, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of resource description principles and standards, especially MARC and MARC editing software. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with resource management utilities (e.g. OCLC), and automated library software.
- Successful experience managing complex projects.
- Desired experience: 2-3 years of experience managing scholarly electronic resources lifecycle activities.
- Experience maintaining databases and information management systems in academic library settings.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a portfolio of scholarly electronic resources in complex publishing environment.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in managing scholarly resources and e-resource management tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development. Knowledge of one or more programming languages.
Problem Solving Ability
Masters or better.
Licenses & Certifications
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=9cbebfc4-a7de-4c8a-803e-5c6a80f4ee6e
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency