ATSU - Liaison and Communications Librarian
- A.T. Still University
- Location details
- Kirksville, MO
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Employment category
ATSU - Liaison and Communications Librarian
Job Category: Academic Affairs
Requisition Number: ATSUL001948
Mesa, AZ 85206, USA
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking a Liaison and Communications Librarian on the Mesa, Arizona campus. This position reports to the University Library Director. This librarian is responsible for being a liaison to one or more health sciences programs based on ATSU's Arizona campus. In addition, this position will be responsible for external communications including coordinating the library's social media channels, producing newsletters and press releases to internal and external stakeholders, and maintaining the library's web site and LibGuides in conjunction with all staff across our three campuses, along with other technologies.
Applicants can apply here: atsu.edu/lib-1948
Major Job Duties
- Serve as liaison to two health professions programs in the Arizona School of Health Sciences
- Manage library's external electronic platforms including the library web site (design, maintenance, and assessment) and
- LibGuides (design, content review process with Communications and Marketing (C&M) department, in cooperation with Electronic Resources Librarian
- Develops and coordinates library's external communications such as library newsletter and internal/external communications
- Coordinates library social media presence with department colleagues and C&M department
- Leads design and maintenance of library-specific training through Qualtrics and other appropriate technologies
- Serves as Arizona campus 3-D print shop coordinator
- Works with Technical Services and Electronic Resources Librarian to manage and troubleshoot, and test electronic resources (e.g. platforms for databases, journals, eBooks, etc.) both on and off site
- Recommends and oversees the purchase of technology (hardware, software, web-based) to meet the needs of library faculty, staff and users
- Manages university room booking system and provides training and support when necessary
- Leads classroom coordination every semester and supervise room-booking software
- Works with and serves on library and university technology offices, departments, and committees
- Other duties as requested
- Master's degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited program or international equivalent; or other relevant discipline. Degrees must be granted by June 2022.
- Demonstrated ability using LibGuides or equivalent web content system/editor
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in multiple formats to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated evidence of initiative and flexibility with planning and problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively, collaboratively and effectively as both a team member and independently
- Ability to effectively search multiple library resources with PubMed experience preferred
- Demonstrated evidence of skills in web development, including HTML, CSS, and knowledge of accessibility standards
- Experience in managing technology
- Experience and/or interest in digital scholarship services
- Experience using and/or using LibGuides
- Experience with providing access to electronic resources and authentication methods
- Two to three years of library experience with one or more years experience in a health sciences library preferred
About A.T. Still University of the Health Sciences
Established in 1892 by A.T. Still, DO, the founder of osteopathy, A.T. Still University (ATSU) began as the nation's first college of osteopathic medicine and has evolved into a leading university of health sciences comprised of two colleges and five schools on three campuses and online. Today, ATSU offers master's degrees across allied health disciplines and doctorates in osteopathic medicine, dental medicine, athletic training, audiology, health administration, health education, health sciences, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.
A.T. Still University's Arizona campus is located in Mesa, a suburban community in the metropolitan Phoenix area. The campus has an osteopathic medical school, a dental school, and a health sciences school. Mesa is located in the Sonoran Desert with easy access to hiking and all manner of outdoor activities combined with all the activities you would expect to find in any large metropolitan area.
A.T. Still University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, and actively strives to increase diversity within its community. We provide a drug- and tobacco-free workplace.
Masters or better.
Licenses & Certifications
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=1e1f406c-5a11-4496-a8a1-7c56e13487c2
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency