Language & Literature Faculty Position
- Sterling College
- Location details
- Sterling, Kansas
- Position type
- Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Composition and rhetoric
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Tenure or tenure track
A full-time faculty position in the Language and Literature Department is available beginning August 2022.
- Teach courses in composition, literature, and/or writing and editing.
- Assume primary responsibility for overseeing the equipping of college freshmen with the writing skills needed for successful completion of bachelor’s degree.
- Assist the faculty and the Academic Support Office in addressing the writing needs of students.
- Assist in maintaining and revising the English program and Writing and Editing program curricula as needed.
- Advise students and recruit prospective students.
- Participate in faculty committees as needed.
All SC employees are expected to demonstrate a strong and articulate Christian faith, to model and mentor students in servant leadership and in the integration of faith into every aspect of life and learning. Specific requirements for this position include:
- Ph.D. in English, Rhetoric & Composition or related field. ABD will be considered.
- College teaching experience that demonstrates an understanding of the teaching/learning process.
- An understanding of undergraduate college students and an ability to relate well to them.
- An understanding of an interdisciplinary approach to the liberal arts, and an ability to work with faculty from diverse disciplines.
Salary and rank will be determined by credentials and experience applied to an established faculty salary scale and accompanying benefits.
Founded in 1887, and located in Sterling, Kansas, Sterling College’s mission is to develop creative and thoughtful leaders who understand a maturing Christian faith. With approximately 600 students, of which nearly 40% represent non-majority populations, and 46 full-time faculty members, the campus community shares a vision to serve God's world through training servant leaders and the development of future leaders through strategic partnerships. Learn more about us at www.sterling.edu.
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate must undergo a background check. To view the list of items to be completed to apply for this position, please go to https://www.sterling.edu/employment and view the Language and Literature job link. Materials are to be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
More search results
Lecturer in English
Full-time lecturer in Japanese Literature and Cul…
Dept of Modern Languages and Literatures, California State University Los Angeles
Lecturer – Spanish
Johns Hopkins University - Department of Modern Languages and Literatures
Global Special Collections Librarian
Princeton University Library