Visiting Assistant Professor or Instructor of Spanish
- Saint Michael's College
- Location details
- Colchester, VT
- commensurate with experience
- Position type
- Lecturer/instructor, Professor, Assistant
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university, Nonprofit organization
- Language teaching, Literature, non-English
- Employment category
- Academic Hiring Standards
- Hiring standards
The Department of Classical and Modern Languages and Literatures at Saint Michael's College (Colchester, VT) invites applications for a full-time Visiting Assistant Professor or Instructor of Spanish, depending on qualifications, for the 2022-2023 academic year. We seek a teacher/scholar with a commitment to undergraduate education in the liberal arts and whose teaching and research strengths are focused on Latin American literatures and cultures, or who has significant experience teaching Latin American literatures and cultures. Candidates should be prepared to teach all levels of undergraduate language, culture, and literature courses: introductory and intermediate language classes, composition, and specialized advanced topics. Teaching load is seven courses for the year. This is a full-time, one-year appointment, possibly renewable.
- Teach 3 courses in the fall semester, two language courses and one advanced elective focused on Latin American culture (topic to be proposed by the instructor)
- Teach 4 courses in the spring semester, including at least one advanced elective focused on Latin American literature (topic to be proposed by the instructor)
Benefits include health, dental, vision, employer-paid life and disability insurance, voluntary life, critical illness and accident insurance options, parental leave, flexible spending accounts (healthcare and dependent care), 401(k), employee and dependent tuition benefits, employee assistance program, well-being programs and opportunities, discounted gym membership, paid volunteer time, use of the athletic facilities and the library, and countless opportunities to attend presentations, lectures, and other campus activities.
- For appointment as a Visiting Assistant Professor, qualified applicants will hold a Ph. D. in Spanish Language with a specialization or experience in Latin American literatures and cultures, or related fields, from an accredited institution at the time of appointment
- For appointment as an Instructor, qualified applicants will hold an M.A. in Spanish Language with a specialization or experience in Latin American literatures and cultures, or related fields, from an accredited institution at the time of appointment
- For all candidates, they will have evidence of college or university teaching experience, as well as a commitment to incorporating a variety of perspectives and preparing students for working in diverse and inclusive environments.
An offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Please be prepared to attach all of the following after clicking on the Apply Now button:
- Cover letter summarizing teaching, professional experiences, contributions to diversity and inclusion, and interest in cultivating equity and diversity in academic communities
- Professional resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching and research interests
- Teaching evaluations or evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Three letters of reference
Alongside uploading your resume or curriculum vitae, on the same webpage, you will be able to upload the additional documents requested.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, Lecturer/instructor, Professor, Assistant, Nonprofit organization, Language teaching, Spanish, Literature, non-English, Vermont