English Concurrent Enrollment Liaison and Instructor of English
- Weber State University
- Location details
- Ogden, UT
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Composition and rhetoric, Generalist, Language teaching
- Employment category
Position Title: English Concurrent Enrollment Liaison and Instructor of English
Requisition Number: F00252P
The Weber State University Department of English Language and Literature seeks applicants for the full-time position of Concurrent Enrollment Liaison and Instructor of English.
• Travel to and Zoom with Concurrent Enrollment high schools enrolled in our service portfolio to perform classroom observations, promote Weber, and engage with CE stakeholders annually.
• Routinely read Concurrent Enrollment student papers in every course section annually (minimum responsibility is three 6-8 page papers and three 1-page papers per teacher per year)
• Provide feedback to teachers based on classroom observations.
• Provide feedback to teachers based on reading of student papers and teacher grading techniques.
• Orchestrate yearly in-service Concurrent Enrollment teacher training in March.
• Orchestrate yearly new teacher training in August.
• Review and approve teacher qualifications for teaching CE ENGL 1005, 1010, 2015, and 2200 (and any additional courses).
• Curate resources for CE teachers, which may include reading selections, assignments, pedagogies, and online materials for CE ENGL 1005, 1010, 2015, and 2200 (and any additional courses) in consultation with the English Department's Developmental English, Composition and Literary and Textual Studies Programs and with the University Writing Committee.
• Develop a programmatic assessment procedure for CE ENGL 1005, 1010, 2015, and 2200 (and any additional courses) while ensuring Signature Assignments are aligned with General Education standards in consultation with the English Department's Developmental English, Composition and Literary and Textual Studies Programs and with the University Writing Committee.
• Ensure the CE program is responsive to WSU's Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives.
• Establish an agenda and hold regular meetings for the English department Concurrent Enrollment committee.
• Advise and suggest improvements to the procedures involved with recruiting high school CE students to WSU so that they become matriculated WSU students.
• Coordinating and collaborating with CE stakeholders, which may include the following duties:
• Work closely on a weekly basis with the CE Assistant Liaison. (This is not a supervisory relationship.)
• Meet once per semester with the Assistant Composition Director to discuss developments and/or issues in ENGL 2015.
• Meet once per semester with the Composition Director to discuss developments and/or issues in ENGL 1010.
• Meet once per semester with the Composition Director and Developmental English Director to discuss developments and/or issues in ENGL 1005.
• Meet once per semester with the Department Chair to discuss Concurrent Enrollment successes and challenges.
• Attend University Writing Committee (UWC) meetings.
• Attend departmental Program Director Meetings
• Teach one class per semester for the Department of English
• Perform other duties as they may arise.
• M.A. in English, English Education, or related field
• Experience teaching in Public High Schools
• At least 5 years of experience teaching composition and literature classes
• At least 5 years of experience supervising teachers in public schools
• Experience with accreditation audits
• Experience teaching CE ENGL 1010, 2015, and 2200
• Experience in Title 1 or other under-resourced schools
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Canvas (Learning Management System), GoogleDrive and Gmail, Zoom, and Excel
Background Check? Yes
WSU offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance, retirement, a wellness program with release time and paid incentives, tuition benefits, free tickets to athletic and performing arts events, and paid holidays.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Posting Detail Information
Open Date: 04/08/2022
Close Date: 04/29/2022
Open Until Filled: No
Notes to Applicant
Instructor positions are temporary appointments, renewable by separate contract at the sole discretion of the University. To apply, please complete the online application and attach the following:
• Cover Letter: A vision statement explaining your approach to Concurrent Enrollment, outlining goals for recruitment of CE students, professional development for CE faculty, approach to mentoring CE faculty, and responding to university Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) initiatives, as well as general considerations for your roles and responsibilities.
• Curriculum Vitae
• Academic Transcripts
• List of professional references
Applications must be received by April 29, 2022.
Criminal background check required as a condition of employment.
The anticipated annual salary range for this position is $42,000 – 45,000.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/2993587
ADA Essential Job Function
Physical Activity of this position
Expressing or exchanging ideas. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important instructions to other workers accurately or quickly. , Ability to receive detailed information with or without assistance.
Physical Requirements of this position
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or consistently to move objects, including the human body. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing only occasionally if ever.
Visual Acuity Requirements including color, depth perception and field of vision.
Required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; using a computer terminal; extensive reading.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position.
None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1.* How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
• Public Job Posting
• Internal Job Posting
• Agency Referral
• Personal Referral
Documents Needed To Apply
1. Cover Letter
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. List of References with Contact Info
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Distinguished Scholar in British and Global Lite…
Western Colorado University CALL Department
Sabbatical Replacement American Literature and Th…
Western Colorado University CALL Department
Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor in Eng…
Lecturer in English
Visiting Assistant Professor/Visiting Lecturer of…
Idaho State University