Lecturer – Spanish
- Location details
- Baltimore, MD 21218
- Position type
- Organization type
- 4-year college or university
- Humanities, Language teaching, Linguistics, Literature, non-English, Speech and communications
- Employment category
- Tenure Status
- Non-tenure track
The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at the Johns Hopkins University seeks to appoint two full-time Lecturers in Spanish with a projected appointment date of July 1, 2022. The successful candidate will teach 3 undergraduate courses per semester in the Spanish Language Program. Appointment is for a three-year period, with an initial probationary period of one year, and is renewable.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- M.A. required, PhD desirable by time of appointment with a concentration in one or more of the following areas: Applied Linguistics, Sociolinguistics, Second Language Acquisition, Foreign Language Pedagogy (Spanish).
- Near-native or native-like fluency in both Spanish and English.
- At least two years of experience teaching college-level Spanish. Desirable, but not required, is experience in developing and teaching undergraduate courses on linguistic diversity in the Hispanophone world; Spanish language for specific purposes; and writing/speaking at the advanced level. Candidates with a research profile who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply.
Requirements: Please submit via Interfolio a cover letter, C.V., three letters of recommendation, statement of teaching philosophy, and sample teaching evaluations from 2-3 different courses.
Materials should be addressed to the attention of Dr. Bruce Anderson, Interim Director of the Spanish Language Program, Department of Modern Languages and Literatures.
Application review will begin immediately until June 10, 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Johns Hopkins University is committed to active recruitment of a diverse faculty and student body. The University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.
Consistent with the University’s goals of achieving excellence in all areas, we will assess the comprehensive qualifications of each applicant. The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures is committed to hiring candidates who, through their research, teaching and service will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
Similar searches: Full-time, 4-year college or university, Lecturer/instructor, Humanities, Language teaching, Linguistics, Spanish, Literature, non-English, Speech and communications, Maryland
More search results
Position Number 00050087 Non Tenure-Track Lecture…
Southern Methodist University, Dedman College, Department of World Languages and Literatures
Teaching Assistant Professor of French
Modern and Classical Languages and Literatures of University of North Dakota
Visiting Assistant Professor of Comparative Liter…
University of Connecticut
Visiting Assistant Professor of Spanish
Visiting Assistant Professor of German Studies
Swarthmore College Dept of Modern Languages and Literatues